District 14 A

volfan007

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone please tell me why UC is hated so much..they r home grown kids just like LC AND Greenfield..working hard together as a team..all those kids are well manered and good kids..man y'all gotta stop hating..its bad for your soul!!..whoever makes it to state out of 14a I will support them to the fullest..wheather its LC, or Greenfield, Humboldt ect...and ill also support TCA..good group of kids their..y'all just hate the name on the shirt and that's wrong to them 15 and 16 yr old kids..come on guys we gotta stick together here..Have y'all seen the latest rankings..the east got it on lock down besides TCa..congrats to TCA for cracking the top 5...wow

I agree copenoc, and I don't get it. Three or four people seem to be griping or arguing or whatever, no union city people involved whatsoever, so what does greenfield fan say..."we can ALL agree on one thing..l" and then we here more anti union city talk. Good grief greenfield trash (definitely NOT intended for all greenfield fans, just the ONE who has lemons crammed up his butt), root for your team and shut up about ours. And I also will root for ANY AND ALL 14a teams that advance throughout the tourneys.

Yea Uc gold I'm jus speaking the truth man..Lake Co. Is the worste but Greenfield is right on their heels!..The only thing I can figure is the same story that UC shouldn't be single a..But what's crazy is Humboldt is bigger than UC and I. Never hear that hatred towarrd them..So I guess it may be like all the anti Tom Brady haters..People are tired of watching them Win!..I hear this statement from LC fans a lot..ANY DAY UC LOSES IS A GOOD DAY!..lol..I'm not from UC or LC either one and hear it a lot!..But never from Uc people just Lake Co. And that's jus the cold hart truth..As far as Greenfield from what I've seen they better get something done this year because they want even be close to Uc boys team next 2 years because them 3 Sophmores are the real Deal..And you got their point guard back as well..It will probly get ugly for GF when they face LC or Uc next year because Lc has some good young talent next couple of yrs as well..But I do wish the Jacket ball team well..They have a good group of guys and play hard..with that said..Greenfield fan get over yourself man and let the kids play ball!..Peace

Yea Uc gold I'm jus speaking the truth man..Lake Co. Is the worste but Greenfield is right on their heels!..The only thing I can figure is the same story that UC shouldn't be single a..But what's crazy is Humboldt is bigger than UC and I. Never hear that hatred towarrd them..So I guess it may be like all the anti Tom Brady haters..People are tired of watching them Win!..I hear this statement from LC fans a lot..ANY DAY UC LOSES IS A GOOD DAY!..lol..I'm not from UC or LC either one and hear it a lot!..But never from Uc people just Lake Co. And that's jus the cold hart truth..As far as Greenfield from what I've seen they better get something done this year because they want even be close to Uc boys team next 2 years because them 3 Sophmores are the real Deal..And you got their point guard back as well..It will probly get ugly for GF when they face LC or Uc next year because Lc has some good young talent next couple of yrs as well..But I do wish the Jacket ball team well..They have a good group of guys and play hard..with that said..Greenfield fan get over yourself man and let the kids play ball!..Peace

I really love playing UC and Humboldt.I've said that in many of my posts.Also like playing the Liberty,Southsides,Brightons,Dyer Co,Middleton outside of the district.All those schools are bigger than Union City with the exception of Middleton.But I think it helps a team down the road when they do play the tough Single a teams knowing that no matter who LC plays,not going to be any better than what they'd played.Union City also plays a lot of out of district tough competion.Maybe it's because compared to some other small so called legit Single A teams,LC has fared pretty well against the Union City's and Humboldt.I'd rather play those tough teams and hopefully win but if we lose by 10 to 15 points,would rather go watch those games than watch LC win by 50 points against a team like maybe Gleason this year.And nothing against Gleason.Have always had some great girls teams but not so much in the boys.I think a lot of it is that LC sees UC as the measuring stick.I use to love watching LC play UC when both teams were loaded back in the day and hated to lose to the Tornadoes.Kinda look at it like Duke -North Carolina and Louisville -Memphis.I think a lot of it from other towns is like Halls Tiger ststed.Drive to Lake Co.,Greenfield,Halls and then to Union City with the McDonalds,hospital,etc,kinda hard to believe Union City could be a Single A school compared to those teams.Union City looks like a smaller Dyersburg and Jackson to those towns.

copenoc, It is the rivalry of LC and UC that makes it great when the teams get together! UC loves to beat LC as much as LC loves to beat UC. THe hatred is from the rivalry and this one is different than say an Obion Central and UC because LC/UC in the same district and the game often determines playoff position, and can even be a season ender if they match up in the district or region tourney. Also, I believe the perception that many UC fans kind of look down on LC as a country, backwoods, place and perceive their school and area "better" feeds it as well. Not saying it is true just what I have heard from some LC fans. Finally both schools have been traditionally good in football and basketball which fuels the rivalry as well on which program, school, tradition etc. is better. Those maybe reasons for the dislike between LC/UC from an LC perspective. I actually enjoy the dislike b/c to me it is what makes the Falcon/Tornadoe rivalry one of the best in West TN if not the state because it spans multiple sports.