District 14 A

volfan007

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The football player in question bigster is probably LC's second best rebounder right now other than Jones. The freshmen and sophomores right now are getting killed on the glass and are not strong enough to handle themselves down in the paint. Also needed the height against Dyer Co. even though it didn't make a difference. LC actually played much better in my opinion last night than they had against UC and Bradford the previous 2nights. Reality is what it is and that is LC is not an elite basketball team that their fans have been used to the last couple of years. That happens in single A ball at times. UC, South Fulton, Halls, Greenfield and Bradford have all gotten better as they had players who have been playing together 2-3 years now and taking their lumps. Humboldt and LC have dropped of some with the loss of key seniors the last 2 years. Would love to see the Falcons upset someone in the District tourney and make it into the region but they are going to have to get help from the supporting cast. When LC was winning some big games Dominique, Raheem, and rashaun stepped up and made some key baskets to help out. Will see as LC will travel to Greenfield Tuesday night with the season on the line.

Edited by wardawg2038

I think LC is potentially a tough matchup for Greenfield in the first round. Bad luck for Greenfield playing there way to a 2 seed and getting LC. Even in a down year LC has the potential to be a tough out if they take better care of the basketball and don't get completely lost on defense (like at Bradford). The district is the strongest in the state when you look at seeds 1-7. I think UC is the only team who is completely safe making it to Thursday.

And i hope my comment didnt come off as disrespectful. Dyer county should.blow them out. Zae is awesome. Prob the best player in the district. But i would.also like to say that greenfield done what they could and done a great job by getting 2nd but the lake county crap screwed greenfield more than.any team. Halls would.habe been a better matchup and because of this forfeit stuff greenfield got screwed.

Good first round preview tomorrow night between Halls and Humboldt. Listened to Bradford-Humboldt last night. Bradford did a nice job of slowing the game down for the most part (kept Humboldt under 50). No way Halls loses by 30+ like they did earlier. If they keep the game in the 60's they've got a shot.

Benjammin it will be ok man..How did Grreenfield get screwed??..I sense somebody already getting nervous..I'm sure that Greenfields goal is to make it to state..they gonna have to play a good basketball team to get their anyway so why not now..I saw that Boykins didn't want none of Lc either in the first round..lol..Greenfield has beaten Lc twice and u got them on your home floor..it go time so let's get it on!

The football player in question bigster is probably LC's second best rebounder right now other than Jones. The freshmen and sophomores right now are getting killed on the glass and are not strong enough to handle themselves down in the paint. Also needed the height against Dyer Co. even though it didn't make a difference. LC actually played much better in my opinion last night than they had against UC and Bradford the previous 2nights. Reality is what it is and that is LC is not an elite basketball team that their fans have been used to the last couple of years. That happens in single A ball at times. UC, South Fulton, Halls, Greenfield and Bradford have all gotten better as they had players who have been playing together 2-3 years now and taking their lumps. Humboldt and LC have dropped of some with the loss of key seniors the last 2 years. Would love to see the Falcons upset someone in the District tourney and make it into the region but they are going to have to get help from the supporting cast. When LC was winning some big games Dominique, Raheem, and rashaun stepped up and made some key baskets to help out. Will see as LC will travel to Greenfield Tuesday night with the season on the line.

Anyway.Hope LC plays well and hard and lets see what happens.If they stay home on defense,I like their chances.

Edited by mrbigster

And i hope my comment didnt come off as disrespectful. Dyer county should.blow them out. Zae is awesome. Prob the best player in the district. But i would.also like to say that greenfield done what they could and done a great job by getting 2nd but the lake county crap screwed greenfield more than.any team. Halls would.habe been a better matchup and because of this forfeit stuff greenfield got screwed.

I agree.