Henry County at Dickson County battle of the barrel

jhall615

You are vastly underrating this Henry County team. I notice in all of your posts that you mention "this is not a HC team of the past". It is only different in terms of names. The goal and strengths however, remain the same. You can ask CHS's players whether or not this HC team is "physical" , and you will get a resounding yes. Henry County is the underdog in this game, and rightfully so based on this season's results, but you have something else coming if you honestly believe this year's HC team "will not show you very much". Believe me, these boys would love nothing more than to spoil DC's undefeated season, and they will prepare as such this week.

Here's to an injury free game.

No doubt the goals and strengths remain the same.CHS was a real quick team not very physical. I have never said in none of my post that this HC team is not good, come on now its Henry County respect is given. And far as the being the underdog this DC senior class has not beat HC snice 8th or 9th grade.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DC80....make no mistake, WE LOVE THIS GAME! We love playing Dickson County! We love it better when both teams are competitive! We love having the barrel! We love the excitement surrounding these two communities! Can't wait til Friday!

p.s. we all know that jhall615 doesn't speak for the majority of Cougars nor Coach Williams! I know he has been diligently preparing for this game since he loaded the bus last year in Paris! What a great coach and good friend! You guys are fortunate to have him! Our only wish is that your community continues to support the Cougars as we support our Patriots....I hope to see a full side near the press box!

We all know that you do speak for the majority of HC..NOT!!!!! From your past rants you would think so but anyway. Im sure coach Williams prepares one game at a time and i hope to see a great game from both teams Friday night.

I'm not very good at analysis. Could we make a special exception and suspend your rules just for me? I'd really like to take part in the conversation but am afraid I might accidentally post something that might be interpreted as "smack talk".

Thank you in advance.

Love,

FactsOnly

Well said Factsonly.. Well saidcool.png

How does DC match up with HC's speed and how does HC match up with DC's size?

After all is played out i think the game will be decided by the Special Teams!! The kicking game and the return game could play a big part in this contest. Hope to see a real good game between two old time rivals but the barrel will stay with the red team after they unleash their secret weapon they have held back for most of the season .

How does DC match up with HC's speed and how does HC match up with DC's size?

After all is played out i think the game will be decided by the Special Teams!! The kicking game and the return game could play a big part in this contest. Hope to see a real good game between two old time rivals but the barrel will stay with the red team after they unleash their secret weapon they have held back for most of the season .

Dc has a kicker who puts the ball in the endzone every kickoff and the have been real good about kicking the ball deep on punts i agree special teams will play a big part in this game.It will be interesting to see how they match up speed and size.

Fact your write the younger one did post those remarks Olddevil I though that was you I saw. Dickson has a good team but not as good the Patroits. I have bet with the younger Pat73 that if DC wins I will do his chors for a week. If HC wins he will rake the yard. Is HC dring their band by the way You all can tailgate in the lower parking lot Give me a time and I will visit with you guys

As a wise old coach from Alabama use to say " three yards and a cloud of dust!!" This game will be won in the trench's, big ole HC boys against big ole DC boys, with a little speed around the edges to catch everyone by surprise. We might even see a little passing from both squads if the conditions are right, ( as Jerry Pearson used to say, "3 things can happen if you throw the football and 2 of them ain't good") but playing mistake and penalty free football will win this game. Good luck to both teams!

Got some free time and looked up the history between these two teams. Man, it has been a rivalry, that's for sure. This will be the 36th consecutive annual meeting between the two. Henry County leads the series by a slight margin of 18-17. Of the 35 previous meetings, 20 were decided by 10 points or fewer, 15 were decided by a touchdown or less, and 6 were decided by 3 points or fewer, with 4 of those being by 1 single point.

I'm hoping for another classic Friday night.

"They don't really think they can beat us and they won't." Amazing insight.

Good luck

I agree with you...my insight is AMAZING. Let me explain since you are apparently new to this "rivalry"...we have won 6 of the last 7 times we've played, including the last 5 in a row. And the most important aspect of this "rivalry" is that in the last 4 games we have outscored you 144-31...so I will repeat..."They don't think they can beat us and they won't"!