Brentwood Academy - Ensworth

WesVLT

You are right on the bracket. I edited my post after double checking. MUS and Briarcrest play this week to determine west rankings, but all points to MUS as the favorite.

Only way BA would see Ensworth would be in Cookeville, provided they take care of biz in McCallie and run the table in the playoffs- which is never easy in D-II AA

Edited by GoldenGoose85

I could be wrong, but of Ensworth loses to Father Ryan, they keep the #1 in East/Middle due to winning the head-on-head with BA. MBA seems to be a lock on #3 seed, which simply means they gotta face Ensworth at home in the semis if they win out.

BA must go through Memphis in the top half of bracket. Best thing BA could hope for (if MUS is as tough as advertised- and what I saw on TV) is for Briarcrest to beat MUS next week so MUS can go down with MBA and Ensworth.

If MUS loses, Christian Brothers would go into the #1 spot and Briarcrest could possibly go into the #2 spot given MUS also lost to Ensworth and would have 2 losses in DII-AA. Personally hoping MUS goes to #2 West spot and gives Ensworth the fight of their life in their stadium.

Someone correct me if I am wrong on the bracket.

Edited by GoldenGoose85

MUS will be #1 in the West. They likely will put a running clock on Briarcrest on Friday.

I know MUS is capable of beating the BA team I saw Friday night. But I sat with the BA folks 2 years ago when they spanked the Owls at MUS 42-24. MUS had a fairly average game. The BA team that showed up, especially in the first half, could have beaten any team in TN that night.

I thought a rematch of MUS-EHS would be a tossup, especially since MUS has an unusually large number of underclassmen starting for them After seeing Ferby, who missed the first meeting, I think EHS would be favored. Hard enough to stop Elder much less both of them.

Both EHS and BA made a lot of mistakes and left a lot of points on the field. As an unbiased observer, I would rate a rematch as a tossup, with perhaps BA having a motivational edge for the obvious reason....

What is clear in all these match ups of fairly equal teams is the axiom of sports - the team that makes the fewest mistakes - usually meaning turnovers - wins the game..

Edited by owlbooster

People have the right to express their opinion and vent as they wish on here .. It's your choice to do the same or stay away.

I enjoyed the game very much. Ensworth was favored by 6 but I thought that this game might go to BA. From the start BA was manhandled and there was no doubt who the better team was on Friday night. I thought BA would do better on the line.

For all you good BA men out there that are upset with the last touchdown, you need a wake up call. Ensworth will beat you 100-0 if they can. I am not advocating it or defending it....this is just a straightforward fact. It reminds me of the 1999 James Bond movie "The world is not enough". My kid was on the bad side of one of those 50 point blow outs and only the clock stopped it from being 80 points. However, this blowout made the later wins so much sweeter and Ensworth learned that revenge is served best on a cold platter.

• 2 weeks later...