District 12A

RedTang

There should be several teams in the district with a lot of new players from last year and was curious as to what the teams would look like this year and what were the expectations. Practice should be getting started very shortly.

Cwood - should be the team to beat with just about everyone returning.

Perry Co. & Waynesboro - should have several new faces as they lost a lot of really good players.

Summertown - Lost some good players as well but have some young talent

Frank Hughs - Dont really know much about what they have

Loretto - Lost one starter but should be improved with a pretty good size team having three starters at 6'4".

Collinwood should be the team to beat. They have just about everyone coming back and several of them are only juniors. Logan M, Tucker Roberson, Wesley Pigg, Jace Brewer and Peyton Risner are juniors that I can recall with Hunter Andrews, Ethan Butler & Jacob Daniel all seniors but I have heard that Butler & Daniel may be injuried and out for a while. Littlejohn was a soph that looked to be helpful.

S'town lost several but will have big man Seth Wright back with Cason Glass (seniors) and Tanner McGill and Morrison with a couple other young guns.

Perry County will be young and raw with a couple of returning players from a very good team.

Loretto could be the top team with almost all of theirs coming back and big players.

Wayne County has 1 maybe 2 starters returning. Seniors Jalyn Bevis, Carson Kelly, Big Zac Risner, Cory Stooksberry and Dylnn Prater with juniors Keeton Kelly, Jacob Bevis, Ian Powell, Sawyer Ray, Horton and soph Lucas Pierce, Chase Camfield, and others.

Clifton will have several back as well in Matt Lineberry, Zek Davis, and others.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the loss of Butler helped Collinwood. I seen them play Richland at the region game and they seemed to be in a better flow of the offense. Nothing against Butler but Richland beat them by 20+ during the season WITH butler but lost the region game without him. I think the Richland vs. Collinwood game will be a great game to watch we play them the third game of the season. could possibly be a Region Championship game as well.

Loretto lost to Collinwood last year in the district tournament by 7 without Butler and in the regular season by a lot more. Is there only one Danials on the team for Collinwood or is there another one?

Jacob Daniel is the player lost. He has started since his sophmore year. He was a very good player for them. Both players being out will hurt them but they do have a really good junior group.