Dekalb and Livingston - Stats? What is the rest of the story?

smithvilleballer

Here is some stuff for the chain to chew on. These are aggregate stats from games played against mutual opponents (Smith County, Upperman, White County, Cannon, and York).

Points For: DC 226 LA 209

Points Against: DC 46 LA 80

NET POINT Differential: DC 180 LA 129

Rushing Yards: DC 1,021 LA 1,156

Rushing Yards Against: DC 395 LA 770

Passing Yards: DC 1,247 LA 809

Passing Yards Against: DC 361 LA 426

NET YARD ADV: DC 1,512 LA 769

Looks like LA has a slight advantage in running game on offense with DC having an advantage in the passing game. DC statistically has the better defense against both the run and the pass but how many points and yards have come against second teams from each school. That is not factored in here. Can DC stop Creed Hayes and McCoin on the ground? Based upon attempts it does not look like LA throws much but the average completion is for huge yardage? Are these home run balls or yards after catch situations? Can LA get to Phillips who is completing 67% of his passes on the year?

DC passes to set up the run. LA runs to set up the pass. Weigh in high school sports fans. What style has the advangtage and does either team have the manpower to dominate the line of scrimmage?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone that reads too much into the stats might end up missing a great ballgame. Worth noting that Livingston pulls starters much sooner than other schools to increase depth and give playing time to younger players who they may need at some point. I won't read into any of those stats too much. The only stats that will matter will be the ones on October 26.

I've been to every DC game and in all of those games I distinctly remember seeing some of the younger players in them, most within minutes of the start of the 3rd quarter. Now, I won't knock LA and pretend that they do not have a good team also, but I would feel very confident if I knew our 2nd and 3rd string was off on a different filed having a simultaneous game with yours.

Good thing I would feel just as confident seeing that 2nd and 3rd string whip this district for the last two years in middle school. 24-2 in the last three years. Both losses to Macon County.

What is it with Macon County in middle school. DeKalb lost one game this year and it was an overtime loss to Macon. As for this game, I agree what matters is what happens in two weeks. I know were capable of winning, but will it happen? Same can be said for LA.

What is it with Macon County in middle school. DeKalb lost one game this year and it was an overtime loss to Macon. As for this game, I agree what matters is what happens in two weeks. I know were capable of winning, but will it happen? Same can be said for LA.

You know, that is a PHENOMENAL question. I have no clue. I know their coach does a fantastic job and there is a lot of interest in playing. Don't know what happens at the next level though.

Looks as if the only real concern Livingston has is playing a game prior to this one. Every game someone always gets banged up, I don't care who you play. Livingston has a pretty quick defense, I probably wouldn't say they have a stand-out, they're all pretty good. Maybe not the biggest, but one of the quicker ones. I won't sit here and act like Livingston is a world-beater nor that DeKalb isn't what they are. Both teams are pretty dang good and the good part is that as of right now both are on pretty good paths to a chance at gold. Two class programs battling for supremecy. Nothing wrong with that.

DeKalb has only one injury going into the bye week and that is a significant one (Molander). Coach Trapp has said he would be good to go even if we didn't have a bye week, so I'm confident we will be at full health going into the game unless something in practice happens. I think the bye week fell at a good time considering what happened to Molander, but having two weeks of fall break this week and next week as well as no game this week is a slight concern for me. Is that too much time for relaxing? I know the coaches will have them focused and practiced every day, but kids will be kids and it will test their dedication having this much down time. Will they keep their work out routine going, or will they get too chill?

Looks as if the only real concern Livingston has is playing a game prior to this one. Every game someone always gets banged up, I don't care who you play. Livingston has a pretty quick defense, I probably wouldn't say they have a stand-out, they're all pretty good. Maybe not the biggest, but one of the quicker ones. I won't sit here and act like Livingston is a world-beater nor that DeKalb isn't what they are. Both teams are pretty dang good and the good part is that as of right now both are on pretty good paths to a chance at gold. Two class programs battling for supremecy. Nothing wrong with that.

It's Macon. I am sure you can take them with your 2nd and 3rd string alone. We could have (and perhaps should have).

Our only injuries should be well healed in time and the Tigers should come in at 100% barring some really crappy unforeseen event like an injury during practice or some other out of game event.

oh and Tigerpride, no worries they were in there today, they are not relaxing but staying focused.