CAK @ LaVergne

FootballDad

Does that qualify this game as David vs. Goliath? Just looking for any possible edge.happy.png

Goliath was a much much larger man than David, and much older as well. LaVergne is certainly much much larger than CAK and their football program is much older than CAK's. David did utilize an aerial attack with his sling shot to take down Goliath, and CAK will most certainly use an aerial weapon against LaVergne. Based on those selective factoids...Yes, this qualifies as David vs. Goliath. We can only hope for the same result. icon_mrgreen.gif

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goliath was a much much larger man than David, and much older as well. LaVergne is certainly much much larger than CAK and their football program is much older than CAK's. David did utilize an aerial attack with his sling shot to take down Goliath, and CAK will most certainly use an aerial weapon against LaVergne. Based on those selective factoids...Yes, this qualifies as David vs. Goliath. We can only hope for the same result. icon_mrgreen.gif

If this week is Goliath, FBD, what will next week be called??

Ohhhh my gosh!!!! FBD wants CAK to kill LaVergne!!!!!

CAK wins 56-41. Once again a very entertaining game if you love a lot of offense. Even with the score I must say CAK appeared to be in control of the game from the start. It was gratifying to avenge the debacle of a loss we had to the Wolverines last year. While LaVergne seemed consumed with limiting J.Smith and the deep ball by playing man with safeties over the top, D.Howell, C. High & C.Rathbone had a field day. The Warriors were about as balanced on offense as I have ever seen them, utilizing both the pass & the run. I haven't seen the stats but Howell appeared to have around 14-15 catches and Rathbone had to be over 200 yards rushing. The offensive line did an incredible job of protecting with zero sacks and only a couple hurries. And finally, a game where we didn't miss any extra points, which can be critical as we learned on more than one occasion last year. LaVergne was athletic and had nice speed. All in all a good victorythumb[1].gif

CAK wins 56-41. Once again a very entertaining game if you love a lot of offense. Even with the score I must say CAK appeared to be in control of the game from the start. It was gratifying to avenge the debacle of a loss we had to the Wolverines last year. While LaVergne seemed consumed with limiting J.Smith and the deep ball by playing man with safeties over the top, D.Howell, C. High & C.Rathbone had a field day. The Warriors were about as balanced on offense as I have ever seen them, utilizing both the pass & the run. I haven't seen the stats but Howell appeared to have around 14-15 catches and Rathbone had to be over 200 yards rushing. The offensive line did an incredible job of protecting with zero sacks and only a couple hurries. And finally, a game where we didn't miss any extra points, which can be critical as we learned on more than one occasion last year. LaVergne was athletic and had nice speed. All in all a good victorythumb[1].gif

Per the post game stats, approximately:

High: 28 / 37 330+ yds

Howell: 13 rec 150+ yds, this leaves him with 23 catches needed to be #1 nationally career receptions

Smith: 6 rec 100+ yds

Rathbone: carries in the mid 20's, 235+ yds