Chatt Central @ East Ridge

tistheseason

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on the huge sophomore class from two years ago that went 6 & 4. This years 7 wins should have been a given.. now granted a few get kicked off the team, transfer or just don't play but with the underclassmen that went undefeated during JV. Play two years ago and add some pretty good youngster's from Brown that won the league championship two years ago this class all in all should have been Centrals best team in years and would have been under the right coach, leadership. For those casual observers who are not all that familiar with the Central program these last two years have been huge dissapointments. And don't give me that he is cleaning house and all that garbage. A good coach with good assistances(not parents from off the street that don't have a clue what there doing) would have this program rolling. John hires the only guys he can find that will work under his micromanagerial style or parents whom he can dictate to. Even some of the guys he coaches with now and in the past hate coaching with him. Just go ask if you wanna know the truth. ADMINISTRATION CLEAN HOUSE AND START OVER!!...NO EXCUSES otherwise sit back and reap the benefits from all the surrounding schools loading up on your talent..

Its a shame you think so little of our players.

My son is on the team. I saw them everyday this summer and all fall. I have played and coached and just know that central did not have the depth to compete with those programs. I am a realist!

i agree with the comments about assistants. i just don't understand how some of you guys think team could be world beaters with the numbers of seniors and jrs we have.

there were definitely games we should have won this year that we did not but to say this team wins 7 games is not realistic especially since Central has not won 7 games in 40 freakin years! .

Central s been hurting way before this so let the man get his fair take on rebuilding then we ll talk about running him officon_mrgreen.gif The kids he ran off did hurt the program short term but he s building long term i think and i hope they get better..........maybe we need to get better coaches acroos the street @ Harrison Rec???? Theres always a few standout s @ Central year to year but cant seem to get a group to stay together.........if anybody can get players in there it him!!

Actually the juniors , sophmores and a few fershmen were on teams growing up that won the championship 4 years in a row and had the best talent in Chattanooga hands down. They beat everyone they played including the city league teams badly. The other Harrison team at the time was also very good and they often faced off in the championship game against each other. The kids then won at the middle school level as well. One of those kids now starts at east hamilton and is one fo the best in the city at his position, one starts at Signal Mtn and is one of the best in the city at his position, several others are at Baylor, Ooltewah, Notre Dame. The problem is keeping the talent there. Then you have all world safety who is at Ridgeland and centrals Qb is at Ridgleand. Now Centrals schedule was pretty weak and they had a chance to win 6-7 games but some of the remaining kids were kicked off for disclipinary actions. This remaing group of kids had little chance to win and anybody that thinks differently knows 0 about football. Did they lose a couple of games they could have won? yes, they did, but at no time have they been the best team on the field. I dont think anybody could win with the talent, size and depth they have now.

Edited by 411

Bottom line..we had the players to win 7 games. Period. Now you can blame coach Allen, the other coaches, the players..you can blame the sun and the moons alignment as far as I care. But the players are there to have had a 7 win season. Plenty of capable Seniors and a few Juniors.

Not in a million years could this team win 7 games. No knock on the kids but you have unrealistic expectations.

My son is on the team. I saw them everyday this summer and all fall. I have played and coached and just know that central did not have the depth to compete with those programs. I am a realist!

i agree with the comments about assistants. i just don't understand how some of you guys think team could be world beaters with the numbers of seniors and jrs we have.

there were definitely games we should have won this year that we did not but to say this team wins 7 games is not realistic especially since Central has not won 7 games in 40 freakin years! .

lol, it hasnt been 40 years but its been over half that

No..411..I do not have unrealistic expectations. This is a great group of kids and they could have won 7 games. You are clueless.

Actually Im pretty knowledgeable and Im very knowledgeable about those kids. There are some great kids on that team but they do now have the size, strength, athletic ability or depth to be a 7 win team with the kids on the team now. Thats no knock against them as individuals or their work ethic its just a cold hard fact. I doubt anyone who has seen them play other than a parent would say otherwise. Lets face it, almost every team they have played other than Hixson is not as good as they have been in the past and they still cant win. They just do not have the athletes needed to win on a consitent basis. I gurantee you if they had won any of those games the opposing coaches would have felt they let a winnable game slip away. I dont think one single coach that beat you thinks they got lucky or stole one from you.

Well if you are so knolwedgeable but not a parent you may be a coach. And...all the coaches said at the start they expected to go to the playoffs. We had Polk beat, we had Tyner beat, we had ER beat, we beat Brainerd, Soddy, had Howard beat..and yes Hixson is quite beatable. They are ok but very young. As far as all the teams and players you talked about that won so much in the city or at Harrison..that means jack crap. And really makes no sense. I am not slamming Allen or any of the other coaches or anyone for that matter. I'm just saying we have the talent for 7 wins.