Chatt Central @ East Ridge

tistheseason

[

Well if you are so knolwedgeable but not a parent you may be a coach. And...all the coaches said at the start they expected to go to the playoffs. We had Polk beat, we had Tyner beat, we had ER beat, we beat Brainerd, Soddy, had Howard beat..and yes Hixson is quite beatable. They are ok but very young. As far as all the teams and players you talked about that won so much in the city or at Harrison..that means jack crap. And really makes no sense. I am not slamming Allen or any of the other coaches or anyone for that matter. I'm just saying we have the talent for 7 wins.

Like I said, this iow the worst year for Cjhattanooga football in 20 years. Everyone of those teams is way down but yet they still beat you. Im not degrading anyone, Im just saying you dont have the talent. You could have won some more games but that doesnt mean you were better than them. I bet their coaches are saying the same thing you are and wondering how in the heck you played them that close. The comment about the kids from Harrison was in response to someone elses post, if you read the quoted comments above the posts surely you can understand that.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue is not the athletes, its depth, and quality depth that is. Central has some athletes, but not enough. Yes, they were in some games, but to say they should have won the games they lost is an unrealistic statement. They got beat in the second half, and why do teams get beat in the second half? Depth! Just ask the Vols! The only game they "should have won" was the Polk County game. They should not have beaten Tyner, Red Bank, Howard, and maybe even East Ridge. The coaches lost the East Ridge game. The Senior class had a chance to be very good, but when talented players do the wrong thing and get dismissed or quit the team due to not wanting to work hard, then a talented class becomes very average. Central's sophomore class is pretty good, not great and they only have a couple of juniors that are players, so anyone who thinks next year will be any different is mistaken. 411 seems to know a lot about the kids going through Central and the ones who have left. That is what Central has to do to become a good program, keep the talent on the Hwy. I doubt they can do that until the administration and coaches make an investment in the program and decide they want to win. Numerous kids over the year have went elsewhere, but if they could keep the talent, they would contend for district titles every year. Where was Jacques Smith zoned for? Central. Where was Demonte Bolden and Greg "Green Mile Smith zoned for? Where was stud running back Justin Houston from Bradley zoned for? All Central. Several stars on other team right now(Ooltewah, Baylor, Tyner, East Ham, McCallie, Signal Mountain, Bradley and others) should be at Central. Got to keep the talent that is in your back yard, I would highly recommend doing whatever you need to due to keep the stud running back from Brown at Central and not bolting for Baylor, Ooltewah, or East Ham.

Say and think what you want fellas.. We could have gotten 7 wins bottom line. I know these kids well and their talents. Everybody has an opinion they are entitled to. The issue at hand is next year. Three linemen returning. One..maybe two...that can play the line next year. I guess Allen, Cook, Carter, and Lewis will still be there. Depth this year could have been handled lots better. Good luck to the guys tonight and we will see what next year brings.

Say and think what you want fellas.. We could have gotten 7 wins bottom line. I know these kids well and their talents. Everybody has an opinion they are entitled to. The issue at hand is next year. Three linemen returning. One..maybe two...that can play the line next year. I guess Allen, Cook, Carter, and Lewis will still be there. Depth this year could have been handled lots better. Good luck to the guys tonight and we will see what next year brings.

We had tyner beat? were you at the game? we played good the first quarter then it was all tyner. once they stopped fumbling and throwing interceptions they destroyed us in the second half. like most teams have.

We had tyner beat? were you at the game? we played good the first quarter then it was all tyner. once they stopped fumbling and throwing interceptions they destroyed us in the second half. like most teams have.

39-21 an 18 point difference and he thinks you should have won. I guess viewing the games through his purple colored glasses means that game that isnt a 20 point difference means you should have won. Heck, I guess you should have won every game, they were all 0-0 at one point.

Edited by 411

The issue is not the athletes, its depth, and quality depth that is. Central has some athletes, but not enough. Yes, they were in some games, but to say they should have won the games they lost is an unrealistic statement. They got beat in the second half, and why do teams get beat in the second half? Depth! Just ask the Vols! The only game they "should have won" was the Polk County game. They should not have beaten Tyner, Red Bank, Howard, and maybe even East Ridge. The coaches lost the East Ridge game. The Senior class had a chance to be very good, but when talented players do the wrong thing and get dismissed or quit the team due to not wanting to work hard, then a talented class becomes very average. Central's sophomore class is pretty good, not great and they only have a couple of juniors that are players, so anyone who thinks next year will be any different is mistaken. 411 seems to know a lot about the kids going through Central and the ones who have left. That is what Central has to do to become a good program, keep the talent on the Hwy. I doubt they can do that until the administration and coaches make an investment in the program and decide they want to win. Numerous kids over the year have went elsewhere, but if they could keep the talent, they would contend for district titles every year. Where was Jacques Smith zoned for? Central. Where was Demonte Bolden and Greg "Green Mile Smith zoned for? Where was stud running back Justin Houston from Bradley zoned for? All Central. Several stars on other team right now(Ooltewah, Baylor, Tyner, East Ham, McCallie, Signal Mountain, Bradley and others) should be at Central. Got to keep the talent that is in your back yard, I would highly recommend doing whatever you need to due to keep the stud running back from Brown at Central and not bolting for Baylor, Ooltewah, or East Ham.

Exactly what i have been saying. DEPTH..... we lost polk due to it. that fullback they have just kept crashing it until we were completely wore out and had several players cramping. No to step in....DEPTH.... the first game of the year i said this when someone said we would play ball control...i said then if we do that we lose by 40.....not enough "good" players to spell the starters.

Guys look at it like this.....if we have all this talent.....we would not be playing sophomores on the O line. they would be playing JV. if we had tons of talent ....there would not be 2 FRESHMEN defensive backs starting and playing the last half of the season. Look at East Hamilton....how many freshmen are starting for them? We have young talent but they should be getting their feet wet in JV not on Friday nights. due to lots of reasons our talent is just not up to every other established program....that being said, coaching is not helping them either....

Trust me, I would like to see Central be successful as anyone, but the talent is not there. No way Central could have won 7 games this year. Anyone who knows football and they road schedule they had knew 5 wins was about all that was attainable. You may know the kids well and think they have the talent to compete with the big boys, just dont have enough. Allen, Cook, and Carter should be back, but Lewis? No thanks! Maybe with the state getting rid of the no child left behind will help Central keep some of that talent on the Hwy.

All you guys are engaged in the program and view things different than one another but it appears that we all agree with one aspect. That being the depth issue. Which brings us full circle back to the root of the problem.. Like him or not(and and I'm only speaking in the sense of a coach, no other reason) kids as a whole and coaches as a whole Do Not like the way things run under his leadership. I realize there are a few guys and players that do but as the majority they DO NOT.. Now its not an argument if you don't believe me just go ask a couple coaches that he has coached with in the past from Lakeview, Bradley, Silverdale and yes Central!!!.. So the point is if you care about the State of Central Football and you want to start building the program then changes have to be made. There will not ever be any depth or super athletes stay at the program because talented kids will continually be gone after buy more successful programs. So there lies the problem. John comes in and takes over a program that had finally built some ground on winning games. In his two years he has won as many games as the previous coach did in his first year. And that team had very few seniors or juniors mostly sophomore class. So we can keep going in circles here or we can cut our losses get someone in there that can build some deep long lasting roots. Once again the sooner the better.