Copper Basin @ Boyd Buc

reaction

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Basin is winning again, have you guys starting putting the tombstones on the hillside again. That use to be an intimidating feature for the visiting teams to have to walk through back in the 80's. I know firsthand!!

No. We haven't done that. I think that was just something that once coach liked doing. I don't remember but my dad has told me stories. It seemed very intimidating. Copper Basin will always have a home field advantage due to the drive over the mountain.

Basin is an average 1A team. Boyd will carve them up. They will not see a better defense all year than Boyd brings to the table. Boyd wins this one.

Boyd 48

Basin 14

Boyds defense is what got us 2 years ago. We held them to 22 points but did nothing on offense. They were very disciplined stopping the option and we became one dimensional and other than one long play had no offense that game. Maybe the Basin D can hold Boyd and the offense can figure something out this time. Basin has to be able to run the ball to win this game.

Boyds defense is what got us 2 years ago. We held them to 22 points but did nothing on offense. They were very disciplined stopping the option and we became one dimensional and other than one long play had no offense that game. Maybe the Basin D can hold Boyd and the offense can figure something out this time. Basin has to be able to run the ball to win this game.

Best of luck, but you won't be able to run successfully against Boyd.

But if Boggs can sling it around (no turnovers) and make plays with his feet on broken plays they can make this a close game.

Basin, based on my single observation of the cougars this year I feel this could be a good matchup. I don't believe CB will win (long road trip and BB home field advantage) but BB can't get complacent in this game. If CB can avoid being hit in the mouth early like happened to SP I see a close game with Boyd pulling away in 4th. Would be a good game to watch but another more interesting one at SP is closer for me. Good luck. I'm still impressed with what the cougars showed at Marion.