Harriman Blue Devils

bluedevils3563

Do you think this should be Travis Tapps last year as a coach?

I believe it should be he hasn't had a good year since 2009. The past two years he has gone 4-15, I have watched almost every game and have left in disgust as they play without any technique or conditioned. When your team is out of breath by the first quarter something isn't right. Another thing I have noticed is on the sideline when another team scores he flips out and throws his hat like he is a child. He is supposed to be setting an example for these kids without showing composure makes you look out of control and the kids are less likely to listen. I just feel like it is time for him to move on and a new coach to be placed in Harriman to get them into the winning ways. I know there is an excuse these kids are young and so forth. That is when coaching is suppose to happen a team i suppose to improve throughout the year instead of decline. If Travis Tapp wants to keep his job he really should coach these kids for once he doesn't have the talent he had in the past. I know this will make a few mad but it is the truth I've set back and watched this happen for awhile now. He has been nothing but mediocre as a coach his best record is 8-4 and that was in 2005-06. He has had more talent then any coach in the area it is quite sad that he isn't using it to it's full potential.

Thanks

Loyal Blue Devil Fan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it should be he hasn't had a good year since 2009. The past two years he has gone 4-15, I have watched almost every game and have left in disgust as they play without any technique or conditioned. When your team is out of breath by the first quarter something isn't right. Another thing I have noticed is on the sideline when another team scores he flips out and throws his hat like he is a child. He is supposed to be setting an example for these kids without showing composure makes you look out of control and the kids are less likely to listen. I just feel like it is time for him to move on and a new coach to be placed in Harriman to get them into the winning ways. I know there is an excuse these kids are young and so forth. That is when coaching is suppose to happen a team i suppose to improve throughout the year instead of decline. If Travis Tapp wants to keep his job he really should coach these kids for once he doesn't have the talent he had in the past. I know this will make a few mad but it is the truth I've set back and watched this happen for awhile now. He has been nothing but mediocre as a coach his best record is 8-4 and that was in 2005-06. He has had more talent then any coach in the area it is quite sad that he isn't using it to it's full potential.

Thanks

Loyal Blue Devil Fan

Thanks

Loyal Blue Devil Fan

I can agree with you on most of this, it's been rough watching for the past while. Coach throwing his hat off is not a big deal, i've known plenty of coaches to do that same thing and have alot worse mouth on them. Tapp is a great great guy, i'm just not to sure there is anything he can do to help this program anymore. That being said, he isn't going to be fired. It rarely happens in high school ball. the only way i see him leaving is when he tries to get an upper level education job. So we'll just have to stick it out.

P.S. Mr. Callahan has said he wants the best facilities and athletic programs around, so you never know what he might try to do. My vote is Tapp will continue to be there for a little bit popcorneater.gif

It is quite sad that they will let a team get beaten so bad and not getting better. Tapp is a good guy but he isn't a good "coach" I imagine more of the athletes from Harriman will eventually change schools to Kingston or Rockwood if it persists. Which, makes me very sick to even say, but they are better coached I have watched a couple of Kingston practices and the Tempo is totally different then what Harrimans is.

It is quite sad that they will let a team get beaten so bad and not getting better. Tapp is a good guy but he isn't a good "coach" I imagine more of the athletes from Harriman will eventually change schools to Kingston or Rockwood if it persists. Which, makes me very sick to even say, but they are better coached I have watched a couple of Kingston practices and the Tempo is totally different then what Harrimans is.

Yes, watching athletes with so much potential transfer to a rival school sickens me.. The main thing i'm tired of is getting blown out and being everybody's beating bag! I mean c'mon at least make it competitive, that's what's pathetic!

Yes, watching athletes with so much potential transfer to a rival school sickens me.. The main thing i'm tired of is getting blown out and being everybody's beating bag! I mean c'mon at least make it competitive, that's what's pathetic!

I totally agree at least make the game competitive. This game is played on fundamentals if you are not being taught the proper techniques you have already lost before the game started. I have notice the D doesn't wrap they try to hit instead of wrap and hit. The offensive/defensive lines are to high in their stances. Defensive linemen over pursue on every play which shows lack of discipline. The WR are not running proper routes most of the time. I understand they are young still but this has to be beaten into them daily. I can go on and on by what I see every game.

One thing I've noticed about Harriman for several years under Coach Tapp is how they don't seem to utilize the athletes or speed they have by getting them to the outside on sweeps and plays of that nature. I understand Coach Tapp prefers a ball control offense, but I think this has become so predictable over the years that it tends to be inaffective. I guess it's refreshing to see an old school offense in these days of the spread, but I still think that defenses can read it like a book. But I will say that I think Harriman has a very good football atmosphere and one of the best player entrances I've ever seen!