Harriman Blue Devils

bluedevils3563

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you are just not very football smart. Harriman has not been more athletic than most teams. They are very young, and High School is not Middle School. It doesn't matter how many Middle School Champions Harriman has. Tapp is a good man and a pretty good coach. By the way he doesn't make 1. 3 million. If you break it down in time vs. money, he is working for less than minimum wage. Get on Dooley all you want, but leave High School Coaches alone. He is teaching boys how to be men, and is a man of integrity.

He is teaching them to lose! And to say they don't have more talent? In 2010 or 2009 one they had an SEC talented linemen! The rest of the schools in there district haven't EVER had a SEC signee period. You people are blind.... And to say they are young, he has been there for 10 years! This is why Harriman will continue to be at the bottom of Roane County Football-The Acceptance of failure.

There young right now plus not much tallent

You must not watch them much... Can you explain their mediocrity in 2005-2010... This is not just something that's happened. He's an outstanding guy, but whether you'd like to admit it or not he's just not getting it done at Harriman. Also, that predictable offense just keeps getting worse and worse for them every year! It's sad to not even be competitive with county teams.

Some of you are just not very football smart. Harriman has not been more athletic than most teams. They are very young, and High School is not Middle School. It doesn't matter how many Middle School Champions Harriman has. Tapp is a good man and a pretty good coach. By the way he doesn't make 1. 3 million. If you break it down in time vs. money, he is working for less than minimum wage. Get on Dooley all you want, but leave High School Coaches alone. He is teaching boys how to be men, and is a man of integrity.

For the past Harriman has been more athletic than teams they have faced up until this year and about half of last year. If you want to go down integrity road go look at John Webb and Rockwood, he's doing the same thing... Except he's winning games and at least being competitive with the likes of his rivals. For him it doesn't matter if they're young or what! They always come out swinging and playing tough! There are plenty of things that could be done better at Harriman!

I will agree with you that I respect him making men and them having integrity more than anything BUT you like to see your team win and most folks unfortunatelly value winning more than anything and I have to tell you, it's only going to get worse the longer he stays!

He is paid to coach, it is a job that he has taken upon himself. If you under perform at any job even wal mart they will fire you. Why should Travis Tapp be any different? In my opinion he has under performed since he got there.

You must not watch them much... Can you explain their mediocrity in 2005-2010... This is not just something that's happened. He's an outstanding guy, but whether you'd like to admit it or not he's just not getting it done at Harriman. Also, that predictable offense just keeps getting worse and worse for them every year! It's sad to not even be competitive with county teams.

There isn't much of an explanation except the same poor play calling. I personally will never go to a game as long as Travis Tapp is a coach again. It makes me sick watching kids being coached by such poor coaching. I absolutely agree with the Column that was in the Roane County news by Greg Love.