CAK @ Alcoa

FootballDad

It was a 10-0 game till 8 min left in 4tf qtr .... fumble Aloca score IT ran back for score and anothe r fumble .. completely fell apart .. game was alot closer than score !!

I wasn't aware of that, Tadvols. That does make sense, as I expected the game to be a fight for both teams. I was just going by the final score

I agree with that last statement OW. At this time of the year, to quote Dennis Green, "you are what you are". It is way too late to change identity now. Alcoa is a running team that throws deep off of play action and dominates on defense. CAK is a high octane scoring machine and points points up in bunches and says "try to outscore us". That will not change.

Really? I predict Smith, Howell, Murchinson (WR's) and Kendrick, Gass, and North (OL) will play more defensive snaps in this game than any so far. What effect that has on slowing down Alcoa is debatable, but these players will play significant roles on the Warrior defense this Thursday. Also, Rathbone (RB) will see snaps on defense. IMO, this has been the plan all year, as this started in week 0. CRB has had an attitude of not worrying about style points, and simply doing enough on defense to score more than the opposition. This week, it will take more defense to have a chance to win, and I am confident you will see the snap count significantly higher for these players, assuming that injury doesn't affect his decision making.

These guys not playing a lot of defense so far cuts both ways. They have had less opportunity to develop as a defensive unit. However, they have also had less chance of injury and will enter this game (hopefully) fresher than if they had played the entire season both ways. Most schools, even in the larger classifications, play their best athletes both ways, at least part of the time, and certainly when it is crunch time. These guys are entirely capable of seeing significant snaps both ways. My biggest concern about fatigue would be with the big guys Kendrick and North, and they have played a ton both ways this year.

So, we'll see if CAK can get a stop or two on Alcoa and hopefully score a few points. There is no question that Alcoa is the team to beat in 3A. The Warriors have typically played very hard against Alcoa, regardless of the outcome, and are not intimidated. I would be surprised if this group offered any less. While it is an uphill battle, if there were any CAK players that questioned whether CAK could ever beat Alcoa, that question has been settled.

Edited by Govolsknox

I wasn't aware of that, Tadvols. That does make sense, as I expected the game to be a fight for

both teams. I was just going by the final score

C'mon AllRegion! You know you can't base your opinion on final scores. Lol! The score at half, 3-0, was a bit shocking. However, the shutout through the 4th quarter was a bit more shocking, IMHO. Fulton has talent and played very aggressive. However, the depth of the Tornadoes was the determining factor. The excessive amount of penalties, in the first half, didn't help the Tornadoes either. Haven't seen the numbers yet, but I'm very interested to see just how many yards of penalties Alcoa actually had. I'm guessing over 100 yards????

Congrats to Fulton on a good game! thumb[1].gif

Edited by F5seekshelter

C'mon AllRegion! You know you can't base your opinion on final scores. Lol! The score at half, 3-0, was a bit shocking. However, the shutout through the 4th quarter was a bit more shocking, IMHO. Fulton has talent and played very aggressive. However, the depth of the Tornadoes was the determining factor. The excessive amount of penalties, in the first half, didn't help the Tornadoes either. Haven't seen the numbers yet, but I'm very interested to see just how many yards of penalties Alcoa actually had. I'm guessing over 100 yards????

Congrats to Fulton on a good game! thumb[1].gif

In the end the the Tornado defense was just too tough !!

I agree JD. While playing DL against Alcoa will be a huge challenge for these guys, I believe Alcoa's D Line, and entire defense is going to have a different challenge than they've had this year as well. Having to rush the QB continually puts a different stress on the D line. While Maryville is the best team in the state and throws the ball really well, they are a much more balanced offense that doesn't require a defense to rush all night. It will be interesting to see if Alcoa can disrupt High on a regular basis. Between excellent line play, and High's pocket awareness and elusiveness, no one has been able so far to be able to get pressure to the point that it affected CAK's ability to move the chains. I also believe CAK's running game, which was a key factor in the first game with Alcoa last year, will come into play Thursday night.

Whether it was 10-0 goin into the 4th or not, you are sadly mistaken if you think that game was that close. Alcoa was far superior on both sides of the ball! If that game was played at a neutral site, the score would probably have been about 49-0. Fulton has a good team, just no where near the level that alcoa has. Anyway, back to the 3A state title contenders game....

Whether it was 10-0 goin into the 4th or not, you are sadly mistaken if you think that game was that close. Alcoa was far superior on both sides of the ball! If that game was played at a neutral site, the score would probably have been about 49-0. Fulton has a good team, just no where near the level that alcoa has. Anyway, back to the 3A state title contenders game....

Listen Deon ... I have stated multiple times Alcoa is the better team ... neutral site has nothing to do with the game ... score was not going to be 49-0 .. Alcoa had to make 2 excellent plays just to get the 10 points they had with 6 mins left in 4th Qtr .. were they outplaying Fulton yes .. offensively we kept getting good plays then bad ..no consistency ... Alcoa didnt have as easy a time on our defense .. we were competitive on defense ... our offense gave up the last 14 points on turnovers ... so we will have to agree to disagree about 49-0 ... that was never happening. Go back to yuor 3A contenders game.

It was a 10-0 game till 8 min left in 4tf qtr .... fumble Aloca score IT ran back for score and anothe r fumble .. completely fell apart .. game was alot closer than score !!

Alcoa had a lot of big plays called back in first half, Alcoa hit Fulton rb hard and caused a fumble at fulton 5 yard line that 6 white alcoa jerseys tried to scoop and score but missed and the 1 fulton player there recovered, Alcoa also dropped a wideopen 50 yard td...so to say the game was close is not an accurate statement, fulton had -10 yards rushing in first half. rollins had 3 big plays only 2 against the first team,Smith was on his back more than he was standing up.

As for the CAK game this week, if stone,scott,loudon,kingston, could put up points in bunches aginst CAK, and the couldnt get first downs on Alcoa, how does Alcoa not score 70+??? CAK may need to go back to the run game they had against alcoa last year to control the clock...but thats not what they do so....G/L