CAK @ Alcoa

FootballDad

Here we go .... again. I really lamented the scheduling of this game at the end of the season when that occurred approximately 4 years ago. But with CAK's recent progress and Alcoa's long time tradition, it has really created an invigorating conclusion to the regular season, not only for our District but for our entire division across the state. Just for those thread hoppers that may not know what most of us do...Alcoa has won 7 of the last 8 state championships and CAK is the defending state champion, so for the past 8 years the state champion in our division has come from these 2 teams. Currently the 2 teams are ranked co #1's in the AP poll.

Dominating Defense vs. Unstoppable Offense. Army vs. Air Force. Physical vs. Finesse. Thursday night TV game @ Alcoa. Let's get it started...... icon_e_smile.gif

Edited by FootballDad

Unstoppable????? icon_e_smile.gif

Are you predicting a shut out? I think it's fair to say that to date (including last year with 10 of 11 players returning from last season) that CAK's offense has not been stopped. I do think that Alcoa this year will provide the biggest challenge for the Warrior offense for not only this season but last as well. This Alcoa team has a very stingy defense. No question in my mind that Alcoa will hold CAK to less than their average, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Alcoa will not shut down the Warrior offense.

Are you predicting a shut out? I think it's fair to say that to date (including last year with 10 of 11 players returning from last season) that CAK's

offense has not been stopped. I do think that Alcoa this year will provide the biggest challenge for the Warrior offense for not only this season but last as well. This Alcoa team has a very stingy defense. No question in my mind that Alcoa will hold CAK to less than their average,

but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Alcoa will not shut down the Warrior offense.

Absolutely NOT! However, I am predicting that CAK will NOT score on every possession!!!

I think that will be the difference in this matchup!!!! icon_e_smile.gif

Seriously, I think the percentages that your comment is the story of the game is a very sound bet. Here's what it comes down to in my mind. CAK's defense, while not perfect, has been totally different when CRB has been willing to play most of his biggest guns on defense. I thought he might hold that in reserve for a playoff match up, but given how he handled last night, I think he will be committed to trying to win next Thursday. Therefore, I think we will see CAK utilize most if not all of what is the best 11 on the field for defense. With that in mind, the question to me is whether CAK can get a couple / few stops, and does Alcoa turn the ball over or stop itself with penalties, more than the Warriors get stopped / stop themselves.

49-28...i just really cant see cak stopping alcoa for less with the amount of points they have given up to teams that are offensively challenged. If cak does decide to use players both ways since they dont do it often, and with how physical alcoa plays...does this start taking away from cak's offense as the game wears on? Congrads to the warriors on being 9-0...they have represented well.

49-28...i just really cant see cak stopping alcoa for less with the amount of points they have given up to teams that are offensively challenged. If cak does decide to use players both ways since they dont do it often, and with how physical alcoa plays...does this start taking away from cak's offense as the game wears on? Congrads to the warriors on being 9-0...they have represented well.

After our well documented struggles on defense and our offensive achievements this all sounds reasonable to me...although not what I am hoping for of course. The results of our games this year speak for themselves...CAK has been exceptionally good on offense (averaging 50 pts. a game) and equally disturbing on defense (giving up 31 pts. a game). I believe Alcoa is 40/8 in the same categories with a tougher schedule. IF CAK does play 6 or 7 offensive players both ways then I do believe it will wear us down a bit, but just how much is uncertain. That is certainly a gamble that I would be willing to take as the coach, but of course I'm not the coach, ha. Pass rushing takes a lot more out of the defensive linemen than it does out of the offensive linemen IMO, so I think its fair to say that Alcoa may experience some fatigue themselves. Alcoa's D line is very good and CAK's offensive line is big & impressive. And thanks for the Kudos, I also believe CAK has represented well at 9-0. We have a proud tradition in District 4 and these are 2 very well coached, very good football teams, but with very contrasting styles of play. Based on the body of work this season I would say Alcoa should be a 2 touchdown favorite.