CAK @ Alcoa

FootballDad

I think the points I gave in my prediction was CAK 28 points or less. Then, I recall stating that Alcoa would simply outscore CAK. However, I will admit that I was leaning to about a 21 point difference. With that said, congrats to CAK on a well played game. Also congrats to Alcoa on winning the battle. I'm hoping both teams make it back to Alcoa for the WAR. It should be another great one!!

Was again very nice to chat with ya FBD. Good luck to the Warriors the next two weeks!

That's what I thought as well. Cak found a little extra defense for this game from somewhere.

I enjoyed watching this game. Whoever wins the rematch will be your 3A State Champion. No disrespect to other 3A teams but CAK and Alcoa can compete with any team anytime.

Alcoa is very physical on both sides of the ball. Alcoa has a bunch of RB who can play and the passing game is better. Defense is stout.

I will say this about the CAK passing game. The only passing game from a high school team I ever saw that was better than CAK was the 2005 Brynes team from South Carolina. Charlie High is awesome. But! He benefits from having a real good OLine,Great receivers and a good RB in Cory Rathbone. I sure wish Rathbone was still wearing the Red N Black of Maryville High.

• Upvote 1

Nice to see you again F5SeekShelter as well. I enjoy the coacht camaraderie thumb[1].gif

RR, CAK does have an amazing passing offense and it is because of all the things you stated. Excellent pass blocking offensive line, one of the finest group of receivers you could ask for in high school, a very smart, elusive and accurate QB, and a very good RB who can run, block and catch. Add to that an offensive play book by one of the best passing coaches in high school and you have the best passing offense I've personally witnessed (I didn't see Brynes).

Byrnes was ranked #2 in the country in 2005. I saw them kill MBA at Vandy stadium.

Wow! Very impressive. They look better than most small colleges. Yeah, I would agree they have us beat. But considering our size of school and young age of our football program, I will gladly and humbly accept your #2 ranking icon_e_smile.gif

Edited by FootballDad

Having watched the game on DVR, a few observations, as objectively as I can state them.

1. Extra point for CAK called good. Bad call

2. Personal foul on Alcoa #7 for head slap to Charlie High. Bad call. However, clearly no acting job by High. Simple flinching reaction to a hand coming from peripheral view.

3. Pass interference calls were absolutely correct. Defenders were EARLY.

4. Even with replay, I could not see one of the illegal procedures on CAK.

5. There was was at least one "no call" for interference that was missed where the defender was early.

6. Possible holding on both teams that were "no calls" that could have affected the game.

Overall, not a stellar effort by the officials, but by NO means one sided, and the penalty statistics bear this out.

Great game! and great effort by both teams! What a pleasure it was to watch 2 heavy weight contenders go after it with everything they had. Here's hoping that both get a chance for round 2 and that they can come into the game healthy.

Edited by Govolsknox

Having watched the game on DVR, a few observations, as objectively as I can state them.

1. Extra point for CAK called good. Bad call

2. Personal foul on Alcoa #7 for head slap to Charlie High. Bad call. However, clearly no acting job by High. Simple flinching reaction to a hand coming from peripheral view.

3. Pass interference calls were absolutely correct. Defenders were EARLY.

4. Even with replay, I could not see one of the illegal procedures on CAK.

5. There was was at least one "no call" for interference that was missed where the defender was early.

6. Possible holding on both teams that were "no calls" that could have affected the game.

Overall, not a stellar effort by the officials, but by NO means one sided, and the penalty statistics bear this out.

Great game! and great effort by both teams! What a pleasure it was to watch 2 heavy weight contenders go after it with everything they had. Here's hoping that both get a chance for round 2 and that they can come into the game healthy.

Pretty much on point!