CAK @ Alcoa

FootballDad

Last night after the game I hope the CAKe administration took notice there were no barney fifes keeping their fans and parents from coming onto the field it is amazing that this was not brought up earlier but it is something that should not have happened last year! CAKe was the only place that the parents didn't get to go see their kids after any game last year. Why such a harsh stance on this there?

I agree. But I will tell you that the previous year I, along with the other CAK parents, were kept from entering the Alcoa field after the game. Interestingly, we were prevented from doing so by our own security guys, not the Alcoa guys. Also, last year, we were held off the field temporarily, along with the students, by the CAK security when we were wanting to celebrate our victories over the Tornadoes. They eventually let us on the field but not until the Alcoa team had been moved a distance away or off the field. I guess it was an over zealous security team or something. I don't agree with it, but I'm not in the security business either so I don't want to be too critical, especially in light of a few incidents I've read about in the past of unauthorized people (parents) getting involved in rumbles during or after a game. But I can assure you it wasn't because you were from Alcoa, they treated us the same way.

GVK, I would call it a term of endearment at this point, or a badge of honor. Regardless, you have our attention.

I am not changing, it makes for good banter,

Maybe you should quit being so sensitive about every little thing.

Didn't and wouldn't ask you to change. Simple observation of facts. Your mileage may vary. I have never objected to your humor; in fact I have enjoyed it. The fact is though that CAK has been anything but a cake walk, and based on the tone of the Alcoa posters PRIOR to this game, this was not the kind of game that most (maybe any) expected. I don't know for sure how the playoffs will turn out (nor do you) but I'll wager that if we meet again, Alcoa will get a full 4 quarters of effort from CAK. That is all that any Warrior fan can ask for.

And by the way my friend, we have all seen what it means to be sensitive when the discussion of open zones comes up.

Edited by Govolsknox

GVK, I would call it a term of endearment at this point, or a badge of honor. Regardless, you have our attention.

I am not changing, it makes for good banter,

Maybe you should quit being so sensitive about every little thing.

Ha. I love the banter (within reason of course) and I agree on the premise my friend GVK is making and also approve of the term of endearment from my Blount County friend APB and others. I doubt GVK is being too sensitive, I believe he is just pointing out that the Warriors are nobody's cupcakes and have proven that on several occasions now. I recall the Alcoa faithful acknowledging so much as that after last year and officially retiring the cute CAKe photos.

All this cupcake & nanner pudding talk is making me hungry. Do you have any of those delicious Corn Dog photos to pass along? icon_mrgreen.gif

Edited by FootballDad

Ha. I love the banter (within reason of course) and I agree on the premise my friend GVK is making and also approve of the term of endearment from my Blount County friend APB and others. I doubt GVK is being too sensitive, I believe he is just pointing out that the Warriors are nobody's cupcakes and have proven that on several occasions now. I recall the Alcoa faithful acknowledging so much as that after last year and officially retiring the cute CAKe photos.

All this cupcake & nanner pudding talk is making me hungry. Do you have any of those delicious Corn Dog photos to pass along? icon_mrgreen.gif

APB turned me on to this stuff. Really helps when you need a fix.

corn-dog.gif

You are the only one still taking up that sword. The rest of us have moved on.

I'll let my post history speak for itself and, like you, I'll stand by every thing I ever said on the subject. However, you must not read the boards as much as you used to based on your statement. The fact is that it is alluded to quite frequently, but not by me. The last time I discussed open zoning was in response to Alcoa posters bringing it up, and I commented that I thought it was odd that it was them that continued to want to talk about it. At any rate, I have sheathed that sword for the time being, as there are many others that can carry that flag better than I.

http://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php/topic/218887-open-zones-privates-and-public-schools/

Edited by Govolsknox

Ha. I love the banter (within reason of course) and I agree on the premise my friend GVK is making and also approve of the term of endearment from my Blount County friend APB and others. ... officially retiring the cute CAKe photos. icon_mrgreen.gif

Maybe the creative folks at CAK could turn this negative into a positive. Put a youtube clip together of the CAK "PanCAKe" blocks!! I would love to watch that.