DeKalb County at Livingston Academy

King21

Dekalb Co are undefeated and will win the state championsh.... Wait a minute. Didn't they play a game last night? They had to win that one. They are world beaters! LOL Run that mouth some more. Anyone can be beat on any given night. Including my beloved SC. Good luck in the post season. A lose may actually help you moving forward. Good luck to all our district teams!

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those were good calls by the ref, LA secondary refused to give up any wide open touchdowns last night and were sticking to the Wr, they were grabbing them just a little early

Disagree but everyone is entitled to their opinion.....funny how the same ref who was making crap calls was eventually disregarded and his flags were waved off more than once in the end. Must have been a Tiger fan. Good game by our Wildcats despite all of the trash talk and negative feedback we received before ever stepping on to the field. We overcame and played a great game. Good luck to both teams on their journey to state.

Disagree but everyone is entitled to their opinion.....funny how the same ref who was making crap calls was eventually disregarded and his flags were waved off more than once in the end. Must have been a Tiger fan. Good game by our Wildcats despite all of the trash talk and negative feedback we received before ever stepping on to the field. We overcame and played a great game. Good luck to both teams on their journey to state.

Also....would like to mention that I hope the injured player from the Tiger team is OK. I hate to see any injuries from either team.

Lol Glover. You know how good that LA team can be and the potential they have. You would think after the past two years now, DeKalb would admit how great, not good, McCoin is.

Dekalb is good this year. There is no doubting that. They are far from the world beaters they have been claiming to be this year. Don't see anyone in our district making it to state championship this year. But again, thats why we play the game because you never know. LA proved that in 05. Good to all.

Way to go Cats big win last night, now get ready for play-offs. Got a feeling that these 2 teams will square off again in round 2. Hope the Phillips kid is ok.

McCoin is the real deal as is Hayes but a ton of credit has to go to the guys in the trenches. Linder, Reagan, Pressley, Mayberry, McDonald and Thrasher deserves a ton of credit on the Cats success thus far and it showed up again last night. So happy for the Cats in winning the District title and good luck to the Cats in the Play-offs.

Great coaching job by LA coaches in preparing for this game. No one had been able to shut the Tigers down all year. Keep up the hard work and lets bring another Gold Ball to the trophy case !!!

Would like to wish good luck for all teams in this area during the play-offs.

Dekalb is good this year. There is no doubting that. They are far from the world beaters they have been claiming to be this year. Don't see anyone in our district making it to state championship this year. But again, thats why we play the game because you never know. LA proved that in 05. Good to all.

Glover I agree the road to Cookeville will be a big chore thats for sure, but anything is possible. There would have to be a lot of things have to go right for any of our districts teams to make the dance. But it's been done before. Good luck to the Owls. Looks like the Owls are getting better everygame and are starting to believe. Might be a good motto for the teams in this area " Just Believe ."

Remember when I said McCoin was the best playmaker on the field? Well sadly DeKalb had no answer to McCoin at all….but I will stand behind what I said about “pure†QB. Not saying I would take Phillips over McCoin but rushing for over 200 rushing doesn’t make a great QB. Of course, rushing for over 200 yards, 5 TD’s and totally dominating the game from the QB spot does make you the “MANâ€!! As far as my opinion on Puckett being the best defensive player on the field….well McCoin proved me right (on Offense) last night and at least for last night Puckett proved me wrong on the defensive side. Great atmosphere last night…that is what small town high school football is all about. Now I hope both sides root for each other til we meet again.

Looks like people will get the rematch if both teams take care of business. Also, it will be at Livingston. Leggo!

Hopefully, if Phillips is ok to play we can strap 'em up again. McCoin was great last night as was the O-line. They got three yards push on every play. We have not played a line that was close to that all year.

Sad to read an LA fan complaining about pass interference calls claiming ref bias. Those weren't even close to being questionable. Frankly, I thought they were great decisions on the part of the DB who took a penalty instead of giving up scores. Strategically brilliant. Seemed to be well coached. Enjoy the big win dad but there is no need to try and belittle DC. Believe me we feel small enough right now.

Quarterbacks manage the game and change the game at the same time via the air or ground, they make things happen. The best quarterback on the field is Brock McCoin. Argue, throw stats, wish, dream, hope, whatever you gotta do...but the quarterback led his team to a victory last night. McCoin took care of the ball, managed the offense perfectly, and kept DeKalb guessing all night long. Phillips did not...207 total yards offense for DeKalb.