Class AAA District Standings Scenario's

mjuhb

The only way that Henry Co can finish 2nd is for NE to lose their last game and Henry Co win their game! NE is not going to lose to NW!!!

That doesn't make any sense. If NE and HC win next week, District 10's top 3 will be as follows.

Dickson County: 9-1 (7-1)

Henry County: 8-2 (7-1)

Northeast: 7-3 (7-1)

We just beat Dickson County, but from everything I've heard, they will still take the District title because they have a better over all record. So...why would Northeast finish above us with a worse over all record?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't make any sense. If NE and HC win next week, District 10's top 3 will be as follows.

Dickson County: 9-1 (7-1)

Henry County: 8-2 (7-1)

Northeast: 7-3 (7-1)

We just beat Dickson County, but from everything I've heard, they will still take the District title because they have a better over all record. So...why would Northeast finish above us with a worse over all record?

see above post!

This does not mean that NE will have the higher seed in the playoffs! NE can finish 2nd and HC could still have the higher seed in the playoffs! The 1st and 2nd place stuff is just part of determining the field of 32! Once the field is set, seedings are based strictly on the T$$AA's point system!

Henry Co folks arent going to like this but if NE and HC win last game there would be a 3 way tie at the top!  The first tie breaker in this scenerio is overall wins, therefore DC would be #1!  After a position has been established, the tiebreaking screnerios start over with head to head being 1st tiebreaker!  So since NE beat Henry Co then NE would be #2 and HC #3!  So the only way that Henry Co can finish 2nd is for NE to lose  their last game and Henry Co win their game!  NE is not going to lose to NW!!!

I understand. That is pretty dumb though. But TSSAA never makes too much since anyway.

This does not mean that NE will have the higher seed in the playoffs! NE can finish 2nd and HC could still have the higher seed in the playoffs! The 1st and 2nd place stuff is just part of determining the field of 32! Once the field is set, seedings are based strictly on the T$$AA's point system!

So...First of all, there are different tie breakers used to separate 1st and 2nd place teams from 2nd and 3rd place teams. Secondly, actually determining said teams doesn't have much barring in playoff seeding?

Lol who came up with this system?

They have to do it this way cause some districts are stronger than others and then there is the scheduling fiasco! Truth be known, if Hardin Co had to play in Henry Co and NE's district they wouldn't even make the playoffs cause they wouldn't be able to schedule 6 non district games! Their non-district opponents consisted of three 4A teams, two 2A teams and 1 5A team! This made up 4 of their 6 wins! Another great example of how the system sux is the fact that Hardin Co was sitting as the 2 seed in quad 4 going into this week and lost to Lawrence Co that isn't going to win a single district game and will finish 4-6 and not make the playoffs!!! Small district and great scheduling ='s playoff birth!!!

Edited by slapper

So...First of all, there are different tie breakers used to separate 1st and 2nd place teams from 2nd and 3rd place teams. Secondly, actually determining said teams doesn't have much barring in playoff seeding?

Lol who came up with this system?

no the tie breakers are the same throughout with the first being head to head then overall record, but when you have a 3 way tie with the 3 teams beating each other then head to head is a push so you go to overall record and DC has the most wins so they are #1! To determine #2 the process starts over. NE and HC are tied in district play at 3-1 but NE beat HC head to head so they would be #2!

Northeast will have a higher seed in the playoffs if they and Henry Co. our in the same quad.

The TSSAA seeds the quads with district winners, then district runner ups, and then Wildcards.

Bertier is correct. If HC and NE are in the same quad., NE would have a higher seed because of finishing 2nd (as long as they beat northwest). This information is found in the TSSAA website on the playoff page. District champs and runners up (as long as they have a .500 record believe) are given priority seeds. All other teams are considered wild cards and are seeded according to the 15 playoff criterion. I do believe the way it looks that Dickson Co. will be a top 2 seed in quad 3 and Brentwood will be a top 2 seed in quad 3 due to winning their districts yet their may be other 9-1 teams in quad 3 with better playoff criterion that will be seeded lower due to not winning their district.

Dickson Co. still may go West if 8 teams out of Memphis do not qualify.

I have 10 west tennesee teams in with franklin co and hardin valley out. Thats a major problem because arlington, brighton or millington would go to quad 3. And Arlington and Brighton would get a home game.