• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My predictions:

Siegel 45 - Smyrna 9

Blackman 28 - Lavergne 14

Riverdale 27 - Oakland 24

Someone check me on the below:

Siegel is the District Champion.

If Blackman wins, they are the district runner-up.

If Blackman loses, and Riverdale wins, then Riverdale is the district runner-up.

If Blackman loses, and Oakland wins, Oakland is the district runner-up.

Yep, somehow I got reversed on the Blackman - Oakland tie-breaker.

Does it seem unusual to anybody else that we have two different sets of tie-breakers; one for the playoff standings and another for the district standings. Confuses the crap out of me.

I really don't like the way they seed the playoffs with the district winners and runners up automatically getting the top seeds. I'm OK with the top two from a district automatically getting in but at that point they should be seeded strictly according to their playoff standing. Cookeville will likely be a #2 seed with a 5-5 record and probably the worst record in their quad. The number 7 seed in that quad may have the 2d best route through the first three rounds of the playoffs. They also need to incorporate head to head in the playoff seeding.

I would say has more to do with a Dist. Champ Cane Ridge getting moved to Quad 2, then you have three dist. champs getting top three seeds with Bradley Central maybe getting the four seed (if Blackman ends up as with 2nd place).

Also the probable addition of Wilson Central.

Edited by blazeburnin