Dyersburg vs Obion

sonofmandingo

OC parent... there is a problem with Society today and especially with kids today... they are way too sensitive and have had everything handed to them !!! quit trying to shelter the kids this a message board and is all out of fun...

I can understand that. But the players do get on here and read all of this. But when someone is speaking of "cupcakes",then you are including the team.

get your band aides, lemon aide, misters, and lips ready to kiss some ouchies because OC better Ready for a Presidential Smack Down sponsored by Roddy Roddy Piper Productions at JC Sawyers Stadium friday night. Oh yea cupcakes with decorative frosting will be limited to the first 500 fans on the 50 yardline after the game.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great game last year. There was a lot of tension in the air when the game began. OC will be back just like dyersburg came back after that bad season. We all have to go through the ups and downs of a program just glad to see the true fans that support their team no matter what. The kids on the team always need the that support.

Last year was a great game and I would have loved to have seen a rematch in the playoffs. I think they were evenly matched. I said throughout the season last year that Dyersburg was going to be as much a challenge as Covington was for us. OC should be competitive again next year but should be back in contention the year after. Lots of starters in skilled positions are sophomores and a couple of freshmen seeing playing time. They have some high potential coming up and will be interesting to see what they are capable of. I'm no Dyersburg fan, but they have a strong program and I expect them to do well in the playoffs. Seems to me discipline has returned under the current staff and I truly applaud their turnaround. After Friday, best of luck to the Trojans.

OC parent... there is a problem with Society today and especially with kids today... they are way too sensitive and have had everything handed to them !!! quit trying to shelter the kids this a message board and is all out of fun...

I can understand that. But the players do get on here and read all of this. But when someone is speaking of "cupcakes",then you are including the team.

get your band aides, lemon aide, misters, and lips ready to kiss some ouchies because OC better Ready for a Presidential Smack Down sponsored by Roddy Roddy Piper Productions at JC Sawyers Stadium friday night. Oh yea cupcakes with decorative frosting will be limited to the first 500 fans on the 50 yardline after the game.

Oh, I'm sure the Rebels will weather the storm. A blowout this year may be turned around the next, just ask the Trojans!

Is the game at 7 or 7:30?

Contention for what.... a winning season?...State?...3rd place in the district?

Dyersburg has a great staff leading the team. Bart Stowe who has faced alot of criticism in Dyersburg has handled it wonderfully, and the kids are buying into the program and the winning mentality is there to stay. Not a huge fan of Coach Jackson at OC..have heard alot of negative things about him personally in and around the community, and question is that the kind of man I would want my kids to be around... but I am not sure whats true and whats not true... But Dyersburg is lucky to have such a great staff. I know my cousins really liked playing for them.

Contention for what.... a winning season?...State?...3rd place in the district?

Dyersburg has a great staff leading the team. Bart Stowe who has faced alot of criticism in Dyersburg has handled it wonderfully, and the kids are buying into the program and the winning mentality is there to stay. Not a huge fan of Coach Jackson at OC..have heard alot of negative things about him personally in and around the community, and question is that the kind of man I would want my kids to be around... but I am not sure whats true and whats not true... But Dyersburg is lucky to have such a great staff. I know my cousins really liked playing for them.

I know that Bart very rarely(if ever)reads these boards,so thanks S.O.M.,on his behalf,not just for these words but for the support from the beginning.Coach took a lot of grief from fair weather fans in and around Dyersburg,and though he never lost the faith that he'd succeed in getting the program back on track it was tough to endure with a positive attitude.Where are all those who said he'd never make it(there were serveral),and that he should be fired?Probably changed their moniker.Anyway,thanks for supporting a good man and coach,at least until his kids bought in and proved his worth(you too DHSFB64).Covington has more talent this season,but don't be shocked if the Trojans "pull the upset" if they cross paths again.

Last year was a great game and I would have loved to have seen a rematch in the playoffs. I think they were evenly matched. I said throughout the season last year that Dyersburg was going to be as much a challenge as Covington was for us. OC should be competitive again next year but should be back in contention the year after. Lots of starters in skilled positions are sophomores and a couple of freshmen seeing playing time. They have some high potential coming up and will be interesting to see what they are capable of. I'm no Dyersburg fan, but they have a strong program and I expect them to do well in the playoffs. Seems to me discipline has returned under the current staff and I truly applaud their turnaround. After Friday, best of luck to the Trojans.

justa, I am pulling for the rebels to get back to being competitive but don't see that happening anytime soon. Don't think jackson will be around to see the revival. Think central should look within the OC family tree to find a replacement. Personally think the rebels are returning to the days of 2-4 wins a year unless changes are made. JMHO

OCParent must be female. Only a woman talks like that. It's football. It's a tough and violent game played by men. I respect any young man who takes on the challlenge of playing High Scool football. Along with that comes the smack talk from opposing teams and opposing fans. Most of this is done in fun. Men like to take shots at each other and most of us laugh it off and move on. CoachT is not a place for the sensitive. If you dont like what's said on here dont sign in. I know players get on here and read this stuff. If they dont like what's being said, then do something to turn it around. Last season all the smack was coming from OC. Now it's time to suck it up and recieve some of what OC posters dished out last year. Its just fun.

Dyersburg by........Pick what you want guys.

OCParent must be female. Only a woman talks like that. It's football. It's a tough and violent game played by men. I respect any young man who takes on the challlenge of playing High Scool football. Along with that comes the smack talk from opposing teams and opposing fans. Most of this is done in fun. Men like to take shots at each other and most of us laugh it off and move on. CoachT is not a place for the sensitive. If you dont like what's said on here dont sign in. I know players get on here and read this stuff. If they dont like what's being said, then do something to turn it around. Last season all the smack was coming from OC. Now it's time to suck it up and recieve some of what OC posters dished out last year. Its just fun.

Dyersburg by........Pick what you want guys.

Nope not a chick. I just choose not to stoop to the level of some of these posters on here. When we were kids we didn't have the internet to get on and read the trash that adults were saying about us. The trash talk is fine among posters as long as they are not using kids as their pawns in the game. By all means cheer on the kids but don't try and live through these kids for your short coming and failures. Accept it,everyone grows up and moves on. Yeah I wish I too was still playing High school football and cracking heads but the fact Is we just can't.

Nope not a chick. I just choose not to stoop to the level of some of these posters on here. When we were kids we didn't have the internet to get on and read the trash that adults were saying about us. The trash talk is fine among posters as long as they are not using kids as their pawns in the game. By all means cheer on the kids but don't try and live through these kids for your short coming and failures. Accept it,everyone grows up and moves on. Yeah I wish I too was still playing High school football and cracking heads but the fact Is we just can't.

Not sure what you mean by living through these kids to make up for short comings and failures......Way too politically correct for me. I have my own children to rear and build up. Ive raised 2 fine young men who are now serving our country with promising careers in the Airforce and the Navy. I have 2 more who are becoming excellent young men themsleves. There is absolutely zero need for me to live my life through none other than my own offspring. So there are no short comings and failures here. I dont know if that comment was meant for me in particular so I responded to clear things up. If you are concerned about what people are saying to and about the OC players then I suggest you have a long conversation with your coach. I've talked to OC players earlier in the year and some of the things these kids say that Jackson says to them would have his scrawny butt in a sling if he said that stuff to one of my boys.