Dickson County Football

DicksonPride

Well after having a very promising first 8 or 9 games of the season, again, we got thumped by Henry County, again. My question is, does this Dickson County team have enough to go deep in the playoffs? We've been so fundamentally and physically sound on both sides of the ball all season. We have a stud running back in Otis Gerron and a very good senior signal caller in Luke Humphreys. Both lines have been consistently physical and we've won the vast majority of our games dominantly. Is it all just smoke and mirrors, or is this team going to take the next step this season? Seems like the Henry County game always kind of throws us off track in terms of whatever progress we make over the course of a season. I personally believe it would be a disappointment for this team to fall any sooner than the 3rd round.

What are the thoughts from some of our fans? I know you're out there, don't be shy.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From an outside observer, if I was Dickson I would be concerned that my team has not play any quality opponents. They currently have the 98th ranked schedule in AAA football out of 112 teams. The only 6A team they have played has the 112th ranked schedule. I know you still have to line up and play the games, but difficulty of the schedule has to be a concern for Cougar fans.

From an outside observer, if I was Dickson I would be concerned that my team has not play any quality opponents. They currently have the 98th ranked schedule in AAA football out of 112 teams. The only 6A team they have played has the 112th ranked schedule. I know you still have to line up and play the games, but difficulty of the schedule has to be a concern for Cougar fans.

There is some truth to this. We need to start scheduling a Rutherford County team or something for one of our non district games. The only consistently good opponent we face in our district is HC, and they're 5A. But it's hard to get a tough non district schedule together with only 2 open dates available, and one of those being Creek Wood (who I wouldn't mind dropping from the schedule altogether). But I still think this year's team is too good to suffer another early playoff exit.

Edited by DicksonPride

Well after having a very promising first 8 or 9 games of the season, again, we got thumped by Henry County, again. My question is, does this Dickson County team have enough to go deep in the playoffs? We've been so fundamentally and physically sound on both sides of the ball all season. We have a stud running back in Otis Gerron and a very good senior signal caller in Luke Humphreys. Both lines have been consistently physical and we've won the vast majority of our games dominantly. Is it all just smoke and mirrors, or is this team going to take the next step this season? Seems like the Henry County game always kind of throws us off track in terms of whatever progress we make over the course of a season. I personally believe it would be a disappointment for this team to fall any sooner than the 3rd round.

What are the thoughts from some of our fans? I know you're out there, don't be shy.

As of today with the playoff pairings and Dickson being the #1 seed in quad 3; I see them winning maybe the first game ( Overton ) and that's it. Again; that is if the playoffs started today. My own personal opinion; I don't think they can beat Brentwood, Wilson Central, Mt Juliet, Independence, or Arlington. That's just my opinion.

The team needs a big crowed the last three playoff games the people have choose to do other things on that Friday nite. I know its Halloween weekend but if the team is to get to the next level they need dc behind them not at some party.The true DC fans will be at the game. I think they need to open up the offence a little and throw the ball around on the edges maybe get Ottis in a one on one with a smaller corner or a slower LB. Then come back with the run. you know mix it up a little. Think if they had done some of that aganst HC they would have done better.

The team needs a big crowed the last three playoff games the people have choose to do other things on that Friday nite. I know its Halloween weekend but if the team is to get to the next level they need dc behind them not at some party.The true DC fans will be at the game. I think they need to open up the offence a little and throw the ball around on the edges maybe get Ottis in a one on one with a smaller corner or a slower LB. Then come back with the run. you know mix it up a little. Think if they had done some of that aganst HC they would have done better.

i agree with you its needs to be a spread out offense but we all know thats not what they do it on the hill. if Ottis is back at 100% i think this team can compete with anybody they have lived off the run and past second all year and it has worked. Ottis was banged up last week he didnt practice all week. He took a good lick the week before when DC was up and really shouldnt have been in the game.

I think that a helthy DC team can play with anybody in quad 3

Dickson County is another great example why this playoff system that we presently have and have voted in for another 4 years is not fair. How is playing in a district where you play only one 6A team fair for all the other 6A teams across the state.

On top of that they play in a district where most all the schools are worried about basketball and not football. Dickson is the poster child for why this playoff system stinks!!

Dickson was alot better off playing in the Wilco league where they had some great teams and great years under Jackie Bledsoe.

Well for one thing Bledsoe almost finished off football as we know it on the hill. You know all you people from Willamson,Summer Counties think you have lock on the football in middle Tennessee and the state not so. I have not seen very many gold balls come your way in the past years. As for Bledsoe He lived out his time on the hill thank goodnss. I expect a real good football game next Friday night and I will say it again we need big crowed to help the boys win.

Just like HC, DC stuck in 10-AAA by TSSAA with a total of nine teams. It is kind of hard to schedule any quality non district opponents when you play Creekwood just for the gate receipts and DC has played Columbia now for 30 plus yrs. and Columbia has recently won a state championship. I would also like to see DC go back to the Williamson Co. region they were in a few years ago, but I don't think that will happen because of the population explosion in Williamson county and talk of building another new high school soon they have s district with nothing but Williamson county teams.I believe that 9 teams in a district is too many, and feel the TSSAA only does this to please the Montgomery county schools and just put Springfield,HC and DC in there because they did not know we're else to put them. DC and Rossview are the only 6A schools in this district thanks to the TSSAA, not because they do not want to play another 6A school.