Dickson County Football

DicksonPride

Exactly who in the state of Tennessee has to play Olive Branch or the large privates? Secondly, the other teams you listed are up and down just like Henry and Dickson county are. Independence was horrible a couple of years ago. Brentwood lost to little ole' 5a Gallatin last year, so I don't believe Henry County would have been running from them either. I suppose what I'm asking is what exactly is your point, other than to insult qbprez?

What fooze is saying is that Smyrna had to play all those schools and go out of state to get a schedule because of the way this stupid Z plan is set up to reward overall record and not your Region record. Nobody would play Smyrna so they had to schedule Olive Branch and BGA and Franklin and Brentwood......not right for a school like Smyrna to go through that schedule and their district 7AAA every Friday night, while Dickson is in a Region where they only have to pick up 1 or 2 out of Region games and then play only one 6A team in their Region...explain that crap and how is that fair. This is only one example and there are many across the state. ...........and how about that new plan that puts Goodpasture with the multiplier in Class A for all sports except football where they will play AA. Who votes for this mess???? I'd be embarrassed!!!

Edited by Hoganknows

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What fooze is saying is that Smyrna had to play all those schools and go out of state to get a schedule because of the way this stupid Z plan is set up to reward overall record and not your Region record. Nobody would play Smyrna so they had to schedule Olive Branch and BGA and Franklin and Brentwood......not right for a school like Smyrna to go through that schedule and their district 7AAA every Friday night, while Dickson is in a Region where they only have to pick up 1 or 2 out of Region games and then play only one 6A team in their Region...explain that crap and how is that fair. This is only one example and there are many across the state. ...........and how about that new plan that puts Goodpasture with the multiplier in Class A for all sports except football where they will play AA. Who votes for this mess???? I'd be embarrassed!!!

For clarification purposes only (not to be hostilely debated) is anyone suggesting that Olive Branch was "the only" out of state team the Bulldogs could schedule that particular week? And, was the Smyrna coaching staff aware of Coach Samsel's success prior to scheduling? There was no Metro-Memphis team the school could pay to come to Smyrna 2 years in a row? Again...just asking the question for clarification purposes only!

For clarification purposes only (not to be hostilely debated) is anyone suggesting that Olive Branch was "the only" out of state team the Bulldogs could schedule that particular week? And, was the Smyrna coaching staff aware of Coach Samsel's success prior to scheduling? There was no Metro-Memphis team the school could pay to come to Smyrna 2 years in a row? Again...just asking the question for clarification purposes only!

NO we tried to get a schedule and were stuck with what we got. Had to get Olive Branch. We tried to get many teams, but all said no they needed wins. Now we need wins. The question was asked about DC and many HC fans got on here and quoted so I included you guys too, but I really am referring to how it is not right for DC to be a number one seed in 6A when they have beaten one 6A team. They will win this Friday and you all will say see they deserved it, but what if they had to go through a real schedule then make the playoffs? Might be different. It is easy to sit and say "we will play whoever, whenever, when the T$$AA gives you 8 games from the start and 6 to 7 of those are gimmees. All I am saying is make all the districts more even in numbers and then lets see how easy or hard it is to schedule and see what happens. Right now (and we went 1-9) Coach is having a hard time filling our schedule. Try finding 4 or 5 games instead of 2. That is my complaint. It is not against HC or DC it is against the system and I used your district champ as an example.

NO we tried to get a schedule and were stuck with what we got. Had to get Olive Branch. We tried to get many teams, but all said no they needed wins. Now we need wins. The question was asked about DC and many HC fans got on here and quoted so I included you guys too, but I really am referring to how it is not right for DC to be a number one seed in 6A when they have beaten one 6A team. They will win this Friday and you all will say see they deserved it, but what if they had to go through a real schedule then make the playoffs? Might be different. It is easy to sit and say "we will play whoever, whenever, when the T$$AA gives you 8 games from the start and 6 to 7 of those are gimmees. All I am saying is make all the districts more even in numbers and then lets see how easy or hard it is to schedule and see what happens. Right now (and we went 1-9) Coach is having a hard time filling our schedule. Try finding 4 or 5 games instead of 2. That is my complaint. It is not against HC or DC it is against the system and I used your district champ as an example.

Take a look at how Illinois does it ( never no complaints and very fair )

http://www.ihsa.org/SportsActivities/BoysFootball/StateSeriesInformationResults.aspx?url=/data/fb/playoffs.htm

Hey fooze is it fair to HC or DC to play in a district that is all the way in nashville or franklin or in the boro no thats 100 miles one way more of our tax dollars taking a school bus that far you guys live within driving distanes from all your games. We would have 200 miles a nite and how many fans want to do that on friday nite. Its all about support. Maybe you all can get Maryville to play you.

Edited by theoldref58

Hey fooze is it fair to HC or DC to play in a district that is all the way in nashville or franklin or in the boro no thats 100 miles one way more of our tax dollars taking a school bus that far you guys live within driving distanes from all your games. We would have 200 miles a nite and how many fans want to do that on friday nite. Its all about support. Maybe you all can get Maryville to play you.

Let's have one scheduling period (two years) with NO districts. Just classes, and see if those Clarksville schools will schedule you just because you are closer than 100 miles. I bet not. You would be looking for games just like us. That is the whole arguement about all of this. If we all knew top 4 in district/region go to playoffs then everyone would not care to schedule ANYONE for non-district games. But with the number one criteria being overall wins everyone will not schedule and then when the T$$AA makes some districts with 8,9,10 teams and others with 5 or 6 it is a scheduling nightmare for the smaller districts.