Siegel Coaching Staff

RHSWarrior98

I just found out that Siegel has only 7 varsity coaches, and 2 of those, the RB and DB coaches, served as the Freshman OC and DC as well. So a team that's about to finish 10-0 and get a #1 seed in the playoffs has done it with a staff much smaller than the rest of Rutherford county, with the exception of LaVergne. I guess quality is more important than quantity...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found out that Siegel has only 7 varsity coaches, and 2 of those, the RB and DB coaches, served as the Freshman OC and DC as well. So a team that's about to finish 10-0 and get a #1 seed in the playoffs has done it with a staff much smaller than the rest of Rutherford county, with the exception of LaVergne. I guess quality is more important than quantity...

I have always felt like the chemistry of the coaching staff was just as important as the chemistry of the players. Sounds like these guys enjoy working with each other, and each knows his role and does his job, with no power struggles or backbiting going on. Good luck to Siegel.

i think that siegel has a good coaching staff, but you have to also look at the players they have this year as a senior group. these seniors went to the Lions Bowl as freshman and i think were undefeated. they also have a huge senior class. before this year siegel has not really been that good. i think any staff in rutherford could have went 10-0 with this talent. plus when your 9-0 there isn't going to be much backbiting going on.

Edited by daisyfairmount

i think that siegel has a good coaching staff, but you have to also look at the players they have this year as a senior group. these seniors went to the Lions Bowl as freshman and i think were undefeated. they also have a huge senior class. before this year siegel has not really been that grood. i think any staff in rutherford could have went 10-0 with this talent. plus when your 9-0 there isn't going to be much backbiting going on.

Here comes LOD!popcorneater.gif

i think that siegel has a good coaching staff, but you have to also look at the players they have this year as a senior group. these seniors went to the Lions Bowl as freshman and i think were undefeated. they also have a huge senior class. before this year siegel has not really been that good. i think any staff in rutherford could have went 10-0 with this talent. plus when your 9-0 there isn't going to be much backbiting going on.

Give a little credit where credit is due, their coaches have done a good job. No, there usually isn't backbiting when a team is 10-0, but if there had been backbiting before, they would not be 10-0. Think about it, you'll surely figure it out. I need to get LOD after you.

Give a little credit where credit is due, their coaches have done a good job. No, there usually isn't backbiting when a team is 10-0, but if there had been backbiting before, they would not be 10-0. Think about it, you'll surely figure it out. I need to get LOD after you.

Here comes LOD!popcorneater.gif

Nope. The results of the Siegel vs R'dale game said it MUCH better than I could.

The fresh little Daisy has not been on here long enough to remember the days of me calling them 'Seagulls' and staying on them HARD for years.

My entire connection to the current Siegel team is I know and like their head coach and have known their kicker since he was four years old. Beyond that I know nothing about them except they WIN like R'dale USED to do.

LOD, i have been around longer than you think, and how can you make stupid comments like the last line. if i remember right, riverdale went 10-0 just last year when smyrna was still good, blackman had the almighty I-Tavius that was shut down only by Riverdale twice, Oakland was NOT young, and warriors out of district games were much harder. i also know and like Siegels head coach and love how he is doing, just not so much when he does it to the warriors. But i can appreciate the great job he has done. you also have to admit he has the talent with not many injuries this season.lets give them a few more years and a few more wins and district championships then we can call them a winning program like Riverdale use to be.

They absolutely deserve more credit than they are given. This is a great group of coaches and more importantly a great group of men. Coach Wyant has said that he wants to make his players into better men not just better players. This isn't just talk, its how they coach. They are respectful of each other and the players. After seeing the behavior of some of the other coaches nearby, I can honestly say I have never been prouder to be a Siegel Star!