Bearden at Dobyns-Bennett - Round 1 of 6A Playoffs

DBGRAD70

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hay Starz n Barz... Eye wuz wund'rin if'n yoo go tu tha Marvul gamez er if'n yoo jist git own Koche Tee n tawk krap fur tu maik frindz?

That aint eezee, yoo musta haf maid yoo uh thu-zarus tu member awl im wurdz

AV if'un my boyz inn red and black iz playin' inn MossCow eye wood bee thair....Eye ain't misst a gaim cents tha pups wuz jist littull.....

Eye don't no whut a "thu-saurus" iz eggzacklee.....Butt momma's littull soup hownd "Chuckie" did digg upp a big ole strainge lagg bone frum undur tha dubble wide tha othur day.....Hitt mitta come off one ov tham "thu-sauruses" tho....Ain't shore...huh.png

AV if'un my boyz inn red and black iz playin' inn MossCow eye wood bee thair....Eye ain't misst a gaim cents tha pups wuz jist littull.....

Eye don't no whut a "thu-saurus" iz eggzacklee.....Butt momma's littull soup hownd "Chuckie" did digg upp a big ole strainge lagg bone frum undur tha dubble wide tha othur day.....Hitt mitta come off one ov tham "thu-sauruses" tho....Ain't shore...huh.png

Dang y'all got double wides down there. Like George Jefferson movin on up.

Good morning fellas!!! Hope all is well this morning. To any members on here that have families affected by Hurricane Sandy, my thoughts and prayers go out to you.

On that note, let me give ya a little insight on the Bearden Bulldogs this year. They do have some playmakers on both sides of the ball. Their QB Nicky Frizen is a very athletic QB...(from what I've heard of DB's QB, not quite the same caliber, but athletic nonetheless). He is good at making plays out of busted plays. He has a decent arm, but defiently more dangerous when scrambling. They have good amount of depth at the RB posistion. Both Josh Walls and Christian Robinson will see plenty of action in the backfield. Both are small quick backs that can be elusive in the open field. Their FB Trent Waters is an absolute BEAST!!! He is extremely tough to bring down with one tackler. He doesn't get many carries, but when he does, he will probably gain 7 to 10 yards per carry. Their OL is of average size but is well coached and disciplined. In the beginning of the season, they struggled a bit with penalities, but as the season has progressed they have become more aligned as a unit.

On the defensive side of the ball, their strength is their LB core. They are lead by Trent Waters and Griffin Delong (son of former Vol, Keith Delong). They will pop ya so be ready for a physical football game on Friday night. They are quick and swarm to the ball extremely well. Their DL is undersized but agressive. They have alot of energy and will give their all for four quaters. Their secondary is fast but not the best tackeling group. That could be an issue with DB pounding the rock all night long.

They have an excellent kicker who is pretty consistant from 40yds in. Punting game is hit or miss.

With that said, Im looking forward to a fantastic football game on friday evening. Ive never been to DB before, but Ive heard the facilities are fantastic. Hopefully the weather holds off and it will be a gourgeous night for high school football in East Tennessee.

My prediction..... Ok, Im a University of Tennessee, Dallas Cowboys, Atlanta Braves and Bearden Bulldog fan.....anytime this year Ive tried making a prediction, Ive been highly dissapointed. So with that said, I guarantee the team with Maroon in their uniforms will win the football game on Friday night

Fearintheveer....HE GONE!!!!

That rite thair iz a vurry good summerree ov Beer-Den's teem....thumb[1].gif

Feartheveer,Thanks for the info.Here is my views of your favorite teams.1st, I was a huge Braves fan for years until all of baseball got greedy several years back.I still watched them in the world series when they made it and have seen them a couple of times since at home and on the west coast.2ed,I've been all over the place watching the Vols but after the 98 season,and my first memroy of a national title.I've took off the orange blinders "a little". When they suck,I can admit it now.Never have liked to hear Bob calling the games however.John Ward was the best,except when he missed the call at ND years ago,like to give me a heart attack.3ed,I'm a Peyton fan where ever he is,but we have a lot of Cowboy ties in UET,and I like to watch them and have been to Jason's camp several times in Elizabethton.4th,I'm against any team while they play DB,but did enjoy my last trip to Bearden.I sat in the middle of your fans and they were all good fans with a lot of football knowledge.Devrin was special to watch that night,didn't care for the last time he played DB however.I said that whole week that he was capable of beating DB by himself if we kicked to him,we didn't but they pitched it back and he was gone...DB's facillities are great except for the visitor seating,a rocket scientist that hated football put in a fake field on the baseball-football facility without figuring in a way to put football visitor seats on it,but it should be plenty enough for you guys this week.Have a safe trip up.

Question for ya...what is the estimated driving time from Kingsport to Knoxviile? Ive heard appox 2 hours

You can make it in 2 hours. I'd allow some more time for parking and walking into the stadium though. Remember playoff games kick off at 7:00 PM.

Just to be sure I did the google maps from 35.920326,-84.05704 (Bearden HS) to 36.535752,-82.529938 (Dobyns-Bennett HS) and it said 1:59 and 108 miles.