Brentwood vs Wilson Central (#2 vs #7, Quad 3 Round 1)

StatManTN

Wilson Central, one and done. They have seemed to lay down, since MJ put that beatdown on them. MJ invaded Dub C and made it their own. I just don't see WC coming back that quick. Can't throw. The only thing they do well is turn the ball over. They talk way too much, and never back it up.

Brentwood 42

Wilson Central 6

Central will score on Brentwood 9th grade late in the 4th. and then WC will miss the extra point.

seemed to lay down? wc has not played yet since the MJ game, how can you say seemed to lay down?

MJ run in wilson county is over after this year, have fun bear fans, bc you have NOBODY left..

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seemed to lay down? wc has not played yet since the MJ game, how can you say seemed to lay down?

MJ run in wilson county is over after this year, have fun bear fans, bc you have NOBODY left..

Datdude; don't be so sure of the MJ run being over. I am willing to bet the WC coaching staff would tell you that MJ has plenty left after this year. They know who they will be facing and know they will have their work cut out for them.

Good luck Friday ! Get the win vs Brentwood !

Having covered both teams at some point during the year, this shapes up, in my mind, as more of a good second rount, quarter-final match-up. Brentwood's versatility on offense (2 qb system) will be the difference I believe. The WC offense vs. B'wood defense should be one great battle.

At home, I'd take the Bruins.

I am a parent of one of the kids AT mj, I know as well.

and i am sure that if you asked the MJ coaching staff they would tell you the same bc they have told me. not saying that they cant coach them up, bc they are outstanding coaches.

MJ= hopkins and mccothren,

after that..........................

our qb is good. but nobody left next year either...

wc has a plethera of underclassmen in the skill positions and 2 Freshman starting for them now..

qb is a jr 2 wings are jr,

I only know that bc my sone grew up with most of them there..

I am a parent of one of the kids AT mj, I know as well.

and i am sure that if you asked the MJ coaching staff they would tell you the same bc they have told me. not saying that they cant coach them up, bc they are outstanding coaches.

MJ= hopkins and mccothren,

after that..........................

our qb is good. but nobody left next year either...

wc has a plethera of underclassmen in the skill positions and 2 Freshman starting for them now..

qb is a jr 2 wings are jr,

I only know that bc my sone grew up with most of them there..

MJ will be just fine for the next couple of years.

I agree, just knowing the kids wc have and WILL be getting and the job the coaches have done, I believe they are turning the corner.

torn between the two.

anyways,

pulling for wilson county.

get it done cats!

From what I've heard over at WC, they've been doing their homework on Brentwood (which I would assume they would be doing anyways, lol), but I think people are really underestimating Wilson Central.

Yeah, they lost to a 10-0 Beech team and a 9-1 Mt. Juliet, but an 8-2 record (coming off a 2-8 season with a lot of the same roster) is not just a "Oh hey, we're a mediocre team with a mediocre record".

Wilson Central CAN beat Brentwood, it's just about how bad they want it. While Wilson Central's rush defense has been exemplary all season long (hiccups here and there), I'm more concerned with their pass defense than anything.

Either way, it should be a great game

even in the mj game, the scoreboard is confusing. they had 400+ yards of o, but had 5 t.o's, 2 in the redzone. If they turn the ball over, brentwood will win. but wc is a team that NOBODY wants to see in the first round,

If it was a rematch again, I still say mj pulls it out. but lets not think about that now, lets take care of one game at a time then have fun!

WILSON county!!

even in the mj game, the scoreboard is confusing. they had 400+ yards of o, but had 5 t.o's, 2 in the redzone. If they turn the ball over, brentwood will win. but wc is a team that NOBODY wants to see in the first round,

If it was a rematch again, I still say mj pulls it out. but lets not think about that now, lets take care of one game at a time then have fun!

WILSON county!!

You're 100% correct. The stats made it look like Wilson Central dominated Mt. Juliet on both sides of the ball.

If it wasn't for 5 turnovers and a little bit of tip-drill luck for Mt. Juliet (just being honest, there were some CRAZY tipped balls in that game that ended up in the hands of MJ lol), the game COULD have gone differently.

Did it? No, so we don't worry about it. But you're 100% right. If WC turns the ball over like they did last week, Brentwood will blow them out. If not? WC takes the game outright.

I really really hope WC pulls this out, I'd love to see that rematch icon_e_smile.gif

Edited by StatManTN

You're 100% correct. The stats made it look like Wilson Central dominated Mt. Juliet on both sides of the ball.

If it wasn't for 5 turnovers and a little bit of tip-drill luck for Mt. Juliet (just being honest, there were some CRAZY tipped balls in that game that ended up in the hands of MJ lol), the game COULD have gone differently.

Did it? No, so we don't worry about it. But you're 100% right. If WC turns the ball over like they did last week, Brentwood will blow them out. If not? WC takes the game outright.

I really really hope WC pulls this out, I'd love to see that rematch icon_e_smile.gif

The problem is when wilson central has faced a quality opponent, they've come up on the losing end. They are going to have to stop shooting themselves in their own feet if they want to win against a quality opponent.

Stop the bad penalties, stop the turnovers, run the darn ball