Coffee County Football - changes coming?

sgcwjm

Don't be surprised if Davis is gone in the next few days /weeks. And I wouldn't be shocked to see the principal and athletic director soon to follow. Doubtful either one influences this decision. Coffee county football is in the worst shape ive seen it in since the late 80s-early 90s. Hard to have much confidence in the administration at this point. especially after the baseball debacle.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why would you think coach davis will be gone? He has only had two seasons to get things turned around. The big thing i think that must happen for coffee county to be successful is to whoever they make the head coach in any sport is that they must give them time to put their stamp on the program. You have to look down road and must give someone at minimum 4 to 5 years and to not let them get run off after two years ..to get good candidates to apply for the job something like this must be done...expectations must be realistic from the school board down to the student body and everywhere in between

The principal told him 5-5 or else. He had a full offseason last year. Franklin county didn't have it's stud and lost 4 of five to close the season.

Of course you need more time to put a stamp on the program. But a close look shows this isn't a getting worse before getting better, it's getting worse before getting even worse. No work ethic. Too much talk. Asking for the mercy rule against riverdale only trailing 21 to try to curve the final score, field house is a pig sty, no discipline. Those things are easily implemented in two years. The offense is his bread and butter and it was miserable this year. He isn't ready. Coffee county has never lost to warren county and white county in the same year. EVER.

i think it takes some one in the know but a real tell is telling a coach before the season that he better had go a 5- 5...it is like gambling with the house payment...in most programs, especially in the building process go through 4 stages.....lose big, lose tight, win tight and finally win big...it takes a very tough principal to stand by a coach when things are tough....the only thing i know for sure is change ever two year will never get it done and the only people that really suffer are the players

These two topics are unrelated in my opinion. Neither the current principle or AD had a part in hiring Davis. That in no way excuses them both from being clowns. The AD's arrogance is astounding. Almost like a modern day Emperor With No Clothes scenario.

As for Davis, he hasn't delivered on what he was preaching when he arrived, but he was dealt a bad hand with injuries.

i think the program literally needs to start from scratch, tear everyything down with the players and coaches and rebuild with realistic expectations, schedule some winnable games, invest heavily in a weight program, start with the younger kids and instill a hard work ethic revolving around the weight room,summer workouts and the correct way to practice....starts at the top and filters down hill, offense must remain constant as well as the defense...switching to the offesne or defense of the week is a receipe for disaster

These two topics are unrelated in my opinion. Neither the current principle or AD had a part in hiring Davis. That in no way excuses them both from being clowns. The AD's arrogance is astounding. Almost like a modern day Emperor With No Clothes scenario.

As for Davis, he hasn't delivered on what he was preaching when he arrived, but he was dealt a bad hand with injuries.

Just to interject I think John and Skipper were on the interview committee for this hire. But I can't remember for sure so someone jump in and correct that if I'm wrong. I'm anxious to see how this offseason goes.

Edited by pedo_29