1A Quad 2

croz6110

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SP is a good team, and have a great tradition, but this SP team is not like some in the past (their D is not as strong is it has been), that is why I say gville by 20. And as far as the mercy rule I guess we will have to wait and see. MC's D is really good, and I don't know why everyone seems to doubt them. MC is not Clay county, watertown, or red boiling, this team is 10-0. I do not doubt gvill will prob beat MC, but not by the 35 you think. I do think Gvill has the best D and maybe best O in 1a; however unlike you I think MC is prob the second or third best team in 1a. There were 6 teams this year that Gvill did not beat by more than 35 and I think MC is better than most of those and up there with all of them.

You are correct about part of this. SP isn't as strong as they have been, but wait and see what I'm telling you about Gordonsville. Moore County is at best the 6-7 best team in 1A. They benefited greatly from a horribly weak schedule.

You are correct about part of this. SP isn't as strong as they have been, but wait and see what I'm telling you about Gordonsville. Moore County is at best the 6-7 best team in 1A. They benefited greatly from a horribly weak schedule.

I agree MC's schedule wasn't stacked, but they did play 4 playoff teams and did go 10-0, I dont see how anyone could think they would be worse than 4th in 1a, 7th at best would mean several teams giving up 20+ a game (also while playing weak teams) are better than a 10-0 MC. Then again we will see.

I agree MC's schedule wasn't stacked, but they did play 4 playoff teams and did go 10-0, I dont see how anyone could think they would be worse than 4th in 1a, 7th at best would mean several teams giving up 20+ a game (also while playing weak teams) are better than a 10-0 MC. Then again we will see.

We heard the same arguments from Eagleville last year. They were mercy ruled by Gville in the quarters.

Eagleville wasn't that good last year, and Moore Co. is the same way this year.

MC would finish no better than 4th or 5th in region 4 with at least 3 or 4 losses. After seeing them Friday night, I'm not sure they are better than Eagleville was last year. Whoever wins in week 2 at Gordonsville will not be tested again until the semifinals. Greenback will give somebody a ballgame in week 4.

Edited by R. Willoughby

Last years Eagleville is not this years MC, Eagleville had won 4 games by a combined 7 points, MC's 4 tightest games were by 30 total. MC's D is playing much better the second half of the season, and Eagleville's D was playing worse the second half of the year last year. I try to look at the total and make an argument. I also never stated MC was the holy grail of teams, nor that Gvill wasn't. I merely stated that Gvill did not mercy rule several teams this year and MC is better than some of those. I try to make my statements based on facts, and not pulling it out of the air.

Didn't pull anything out of the air. Just going by what I saw from last years eagleville team and this years MC team. You stated that MC was better than some of those. Who are you talking about? Who did you see play that you can compare MC to? Is MC better than Trousdale? No. Westmoreland? No. Watertown? That would probably be a good game.

Gordonsville could beat everyone on their schedule with the exception of us and Smith County by 50+ if they would leave their starters in. Smith County is also a rivalry game and I'd be willing to bet that they'd beat a same caliber team as Smith County if it was just any other game. Don't get your hopes up, this Gville team is the real deal. Also, MC is no FCS or Smith County so I don't see that game being close

Last years Eagleville is not this years MC, Eagleville had won 4 games by a combined 7 points, MC's 4 tightest games were by 30 total. MC's D is playing much better the second half of the season, and Eagleville's D was playing worse the second half of the year last year. I try to look at the total and make an argument. I also never stated MC was the holy grail of teams, nor that Gvill wasn't. I merely stated that Gvill did not mercy rule several teams this year and MC is better than some of those. I try to make my statements based on facts, and not pulling it out of the air.

we had mercy rule on all but the first two teams