11-AA

tigers90

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you are. When you win a District Championship during the regular season you do receive a plaque at the end of the year. Cheatham got one for basketball last year and got one for football this year. The end of the tournament only awards the tournament champion, all-tournament team, and regular season all district team (where again the champion gets the most players).

I am not going to dispute this with you because I already know I am correct. I know how the TSSAA works.

No sir, you are incorrect on basketball, football i have no clue, they do not give awards for regular season champion in basketball, I have been involved in awards presentation on mulitple occasions. Regular season first place gets two things. A number one seed in the district tournament and with a seven team district a guarantee into the region. And two normally the most spots on the all district regular season team. The team plaques are first and second in the district tournament. Now football different sport different format. So you probably are correct on that.

Edited by Littlegar

No sir, you are incorrect on basketball, football i have no clue, they do not give awards for regular season champion in basketball, I have been involved in awards presentation on mulitple occasions. Regular season first place gets two things. A number one seed in the district tournament and with a seven team district a guarantee into the region. And two normally the most spots on the all district regular season team. The team plaques are first and second in the district tournament. Now football different sport different format. So you probably are correct on that.

I am not going to argue on this. The regular season champion is the recognized district champion for that particular season. The postseason tournament champion is for a tourney championship/region tourney seeding. That is all!

I am not going to argue on this. The regular season champion is the recognized district champion for that particular season. The postseason tournament champion is for a tourney championship/region tourney seeding. That is all!

Oh my lol I did not know you were the district director in basketball. I will let Coach Parker know he has been relieved. We all get things incorrect once in awhile, shoot i get things wrong all the time, but you are incorrect on this.

Interested on how you guys think 11-AA will match up with 12-AA in the region tournament?

I feel like 12-AA is deeper this year in terms of talented teams than 11-AA, however we all know it is all about match ups come the postseason. 12-aa has 6 teams that could potentially make it to the region tourney. I think Giles Co., Marshall Co., Spring Hill, and either Page, Summit, or Fairview will be the 4th.

I forsee a 2-2 split in the 1st round, then come the region semi's it will be about the match ups.

The Waverly/Harpeth game was a great display of sportsmanship and how fans should behave. You are correct in your assessment of Ethan Hurt, not only is he a gifted atheletics, he is also a great Christian and role model. It's not an act, and he is that genuine all the time. If a young man going thru struggles can unite rivals wouldn't it be great if we could all behave better all the time. I was inspired by this young man and the actions of Ethan, I took Ethan over to meet Garrett before the game. Great job to all

This is all very stupid. There's is not one coach any where that would take a regular season championship over a tournament chamionship. At every level in basketball, it is the tournament that counts. OVC tournament champion gets NCAA bid. And most mid-majors that is the applied rule. Yes it's better to finish high in regular season, but it comes down to the tournament that counts. I will take Harpeth's 2 losses to Cheatham in regular season every year if they win the district tournament, no matter who they play and beat to win.

howdoitknow2 I think you are the only one that remembers who, where, when, what and Cheatham did in last years regular season. Dude it's all about the tournament and that is who is reconized by the other region as the best team. You think last year the 3 seed of 12aa said "but Cheatham won regular season 11aa". Not-----they knew you guys were the #2 seed from 11aa going into region. You guys got beat by a team you beat twice in regular season. And the worst part is you shouldn't tve losyt to them.

On another note I was listening to the local Cheatham County radio station a couple days ago and Cheatham's coach guarenteed a win at home against Creek Wood Tuesday. I mean 100% no way his team can lose against a terrible Creek Wood team. That is not very smart for even a fan to say. And I agree, Cheatham should beat Creek Wood without any problem, but they should have beat them last time they played them too.

Hey I live Cheatham County (Harpeth fan). I hope you guys win!!! I never pull for teams out side my County.

Edited by BasketballNutty

Well you'll soon see (the Cubs last 4 games are against the Top 4 in District 11). I look for the Cubs to send a series message these next 4 games. That's not to disrespect anyone else it's just that the Cubs have wanted to play the best ball heading into tournament play all season long. That time has come and the Cubs are well rested and that can't be a "good" sign for the competition.

Well you'll soon see (the Cubs last 4 games are against the Top 4 in District 11). I look for the Cubs to send a series message these next 4 games. That's not to disrespect anyone else it's just that the Cubs have wanted to play the best ball heading into tournament play all season long. That time has come and the Cubs are well rested and that can't be a "good" sign for the competition.

Arrogance leads to defeat in ilfe and everything!!!!!!! And what, I thought you would have at least a couple of reposnes to my last facts. Oh well, it's hard to dispute the FACTS. Your word, not mine.

Arrogance leads to defeat in ilfe and everything!!!!!!! And what, I thought you would have at least a couple of reposnes to my last facts. Oh well, it's hard to dispute the FACTS. Your word, not mine.

I don't respond to liars lol! You are a liar because:

A.) Dawson didn't even go to the radio show because he has been sick

B.) He has never "guaranteed" a victory over Creek Wood (or anyone else in the district)

BUT..........if you are searching for motivation on CoachT (without being a liar) then I'll give you some bulletin board material. The Cubs are going to beat Creek Wood on Tuesday night by double digits. I'll say it's a 10-15 point win for the Cubs. After this win, they are going to beat Harpeth in similar fashion on Friday.

Get your popcorn ready (and try to tell the truth next time.....)

I don't respond to liars lol! You are a liar because:

A.) Dawson didn't even go to the radio show because he has been sick

B.) He has never "guaranteed" a victory over Creek Wood (or anyone else in the district)

BUT..........if you are searching for motivation on CoachT (without being a liar) then I'll give you some bulletin board material. The Cubs are going to beat Creek Wood on Tuesday night by double digits. I'll say it's a 10-15 point win for the Cubs. After this win, they are going to beat Harpeth in similar fashion on Friday.

Get your popcorn ready (and try to tell the truth next time.....)

Dude I am not a liar. I may be mistaking about it being the coach, but someone one on the sports station said it. Maybe not the coach but someone did. Maybe it was you with your arrogance!!!! It's easy to call people liars on here and hide behind our screen names. You are just a arrogant person. And you only ride with your team when you are winning. Just so you know the best you can do against CW in regular season is a split. Keep it up and you will have a lot of "the County of Cheatham population hoping for your team to fail"...... Go HHS. I guess I will for the first time pull against a Cheatham County wide team for the first time because of you conceded, arrogant --- CCCHS redneck you are!!!!!!!!!