11-AA

tigers90

You say in other posts that they're evenly matched teams, so how could it be an upset by your own thoughts and words. For one I've watched both teams since beginning of year, Waverly was playing much better early in year and have tapered off since then, Cheatham has remained very consistent in their play. Cheatham is 2-0 vs Waverly, and your calling it an upset? Please explain?

It's like when everyone says "don't blame the officials" then what do you know..........the officials get all of the blame! It's funny to me that when Creek Wood beat the Cubs back last month I gave them all of the credit in the world. They out played the Cubs in that game and deserved to win. Whenever Cheatham County beats someone however it is a total accident and the excuses pile up. I called out the officiating in a game the Cubs won. It seems that everyone else only calls out the officials whenever their team loses. I'd be willing to bet anything that papatiger would have said no word about officiating had Waverly beaten the Cubs last night. I'm so glad that Cheatham County is leaving this district after this year. It will be nice to be able to talk to people who actually respect our school and don't try to diminish our team's accomplishments all year. It doesn't matter if it was Camden in the fall saying "but Hudson got hurt" or if it's Waverly now saying "but the refs robbed us". Excuses Excuses..........BOW DOWN TO THE CUBS NATION!

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no such thing as Regular Season District Champion in basketball. Only Football does that. The District Champion is the winner of the District Tournament. That is the only plaque handed out to the Champion. So the aspect you speak of does not exist. I am sorry this is such a sore spot for you guys. Win the tournament and you are District Champs it is that simple, the real season begins Monday. Best of Luck to all.

Actually your wrong. Yeah there might not be a plaque handed out but winning your district in the regular season gets you into the district tournament semifinals automatically in which case gets you into a regional game automatically so if you ask me I'd rather be playing more post season basketball than have a plaque saying "regular season district champs"

It's like when everyone says "don't blame the officials" then what do you know..........the officials get all of the blame! It's funny to me that when Creek Wood beat the Cubs back last month I gave them all of the credit in the world. They out played the Cubs in that game and deserved to win. Whenever Cheatham County beats someone however it is a total accident and the excuses pile up. I called out the officiating in a game the Cubs won. It seems that everyone else only calls out the officials whenever their team loses. I'd be willing to bet anything that papatiger would have said no word about officiating had Waverly beaten the Cubs last night. I'm so glad that Cheatham County is leaving this district after this year. It will be nice to be able to talk to people who actually respect our school and don't try to diminish our team's accomplishments all year. It doesn't matter if it was Camden in the fall saying "but Hudson got hurt" or if it's Waverly now saying "but the refs robbed us". Excuses Excuses..........BOW DOWN TO THE CUBS NATION!

You aren't going to get respect acting like this in that district either. It wasn't an upset last night, don't know why anyone would say that. Cheatham was the favorite and won. I don't see a reason to blame the officials because in all honesty, they are all bad with the exception here or there. Good luck to all teams the rest of the way, should be an exciting tournament.

Actually your wrong. Yeah there might not be a plaque handed out but winning your district in the regular season gets you into the district tournament semifinals automatically in which case gets you into a regional game automatically so if you ask me I'd rather be playing more post season basketball than have a plaque saying "regular season district champs"

yes in a seven team or less district it does get you a bye and int the region. It does not in an eight team district. Winning the number one seed, getting a bye, and automatically qualifying into the region are all great. It is a wonderful statement on your season. If you want to claim a championship that no one recognizes have at it. If you want to be recognized as District Champs (which seems to be what folks are hungering for on here) well then you have got to step up next week and get it done. None of this is to say that Cheatham does not have a fine team. They have a very good team. However, the District Champs for 11AA will be determined next week.

Kudos to both Cheatham County and Waverly. Both played very well. True, officiating wasn't the best last night as BOTH teams caught alot of bad and questionable calls. These are 2 pretty evenly matched teams. Cheatham County wins the regular season district title and receives the #1 seed and bye into the semifinals in the district tournament. But as everyone knows, it's tournament time and anyone can be beaten on any given night. Assuming the higher seeded teams reach the finals, we all will see how Cheatham County and Waverly play against one another on a "neutral" court. Both teams have played on this court one time this year. Some things are different from gym to gym whether it be the give on the rims, bounce off the court or even the atmosphere. I'm a Waverly Tigers fan and have a daughter playing for the Tigerettes. Every team, at one time or another, receives breaks for them and against them. That's why they call basketball a game. Does anyone know the definition of a game? I will tell you.......It's a form of PLAY OR SPORT, especially a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strenght AND LUCK. It could be interpreted as GOOD LUCK or BAD LUCK, which included officiating. Sometimes getting the calls or sometimes not getting the calls. That's the game. Good luck to both teams. I hope to see a rematch in the district and regional finals. I would love to see both teams compete in Murfreesboro for the gold ball and represent district 11-AA with class.

I was the one who made that sign, btw unless your blind or just completely and utterly stupid, wait your a harpeth fan with nothing but air between your ears you would know that the sign was never held it was taped on a wall. You also know where you belong, that's of course beneath cheatham county

Again, a CCCHS sports fan brings disrespect to their school, coaches, players and all their sports programs. If you proclaim that hanging, holding or displaying a sign which indicates a homosexual act, then yes I am happy to be below you by your standards. You people really need to know what hostilities you bring toward your sports teams and your school.

Edited by BasketballNutty

Again, a CCCHS sports fan brings disrespect to their school, coaches, players and all their sports programs. If you proclaim that hanging, holding or displaying a sign which indicates a homosexual act, then yes I am happy to be below you by your standards. You people really need to know what hostilities you bring toward your sports teams and your school.

Say what you want call me homo but keep talking and I'll definitely find you and let you know I'm not gay. The sign was put up talking about the whooping your team was going to receive. At least our school, fans, and coaches don't cry about things that upset them. But I guess that's just part of being a panzy river rat.

Now if you look at my last post it wasn't "disrespectful" by any means however you are going to have a lot of disrespect come your way if you keep attacking posters on here. Let it go!

Say what you want call me homo but keep talking and I'll definitely find you and let you know I'm not gay. The sign was put up talking about the whooping your team was going to receive. At least our school, fans, and coaches don't cry about things that upset them. But I guess that's just part of being a panzy river rat.

Keep lowering your self!!!!

Now if you look at my last post it wasn't "disrespectful" by any means however you are going to have a lot of disrespect come your way if you keep attacking posters on here. Let it go!

Keep lowering your self!!!!

And it seems I'm not the only one on here that feels the same.