11-AA

tigers90

I just found out that Cheatham County had climbed all the way to #5 in this week's poll. How many times can Cheatham County Central High School say that BOTH it's football and basketball team on the boys side were ranked in the state's Top 5 within the same school year?

I always love to give credit to the outstanding coaches at CCCHS on here whether it's Dawson, Stuart, Finley, Jackson, Boyd, etc. but the stat above is mostly attributed to the Class of 2013 and all of the hard work that they have put in these last 4 years. Tournament time is here which means that in another month basketball season will be finished but these last NOW 7 MONTHS @ CCCHS have been something that I venture to say we may never see again. It's been an unforgettable year!

I have enjoyed watching it unfold from a longer distance than hoped for and I could not be happier for the coaches and the kids. I don't mean this disrespectfully but it couldn't have happened to a better collective group.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found out that Cheatham County had climbed all the way to #5 in this week's poll. How many times can Cheatham County Central High School say that BOTH it's football and basketball team on the boys side were ranked in the state's Top 5 within the same school year?

I always love to give credit to the outstanding coaches at CCCHS on here whether it's Dawson, Stuart, Finley, Jackson, Boyd, etc. but the stat above is mostly attributed to the Class of 2013 and all of the hard work that they have put in these last 4 years. Tournament time is here which means that in another month basketball season will be finished but these last NOW 7 MONTHS @ CCCHS have been something that I venture to say we may never see again. It's been an unforgettable year!

I have enjoyed watching it unfold from a longer distance than hoped for and I could not be happier for the coaches and the kids. I don't mean this disrespectfully but it couldn't have happened to a better collective group.

I dont believe he was forgetting the class of 2014 he was just giving credit to the seniors this year because it is well deserved. Next year the class of 2014 will have their chance to be the heros of the school. Everyone gets a chance to be the top guys their final year. They should be complimented on what they have achieved. The whole team is amazing in my eyes. But to be a senior, it must feel great and they should be praised. Good Luck Cubs!! I hope you win it all.

Waverly and Creek Wood have rolled, as expected, to easy wins the last 2 nights. Tonight's contest between Camden/Harpeth promises to be a real battle to see who will play Cheatham County on Friday. The Indians won the 2 regular season contests (they rallied in the 4th quarter to win the most recent matchup). Both teams have good three-point shooting (Weed & Anderton) and both have good inside play (Hudson & Dole). Stewart County is traditionally a gym where shooters have struggled through the years so tonight's game could be decided inside.