The great instituion named for Alvin C York visits WESTMORELAND

Mr. Postman1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

York fans are very quiet this week. How do you boys feel over there? Very confident? Not so confident? None of the above? Looks like ya'll have made the Smith County faithful believers, they say the game wont even be close. I feel we have some speed that can get us a couple of points on the board. First game of the playoffs starts in 2 days and not much trash talk except from the SC fans. I know Alvin could have talked a better game than what you guys are doing. He was so big a bluffer he made all those Germans think he was an entire platoon. Are there any of Alvin C York's relatives on this years team? That would be interesting to know. I'm sure ya'll are proud of his heritage up there.

I'm not aware of any Alvin C. York relatives on the team. I do see one of his sons in town quite regularly though. He's a great man.

As for smack talk, all I can tell ya is that every kid we field will fight to his last dying breath to win. I'm very proud of them but dont really get into the predictions or get cocky, heck last year we went 2-8 and I still remember how that tastes.

I'm not aware of any Alvin C. York relatives on the team. I do see one of his sons in town quite regularly though. He's a great man.

As for smack talk, all I can tell ya is that every kid we field will fight to his last dying breath to win. I'm very proud of them but dont really get into the predictions or get cocky, heck last year we went 2-8 and I still remember how that tastes.

To me thats what makes the smack talk so sweet this year. We have had a tough couple of years and hadnt had much to talk about. Just trying to make up for lost time.

I had an old PE coach at the little country elementary school I attended that came from Jamestown TN. His name was Paul Anderson and about 25 years ago he was already an old man in his sixties. He used to tell us about Alvin York and how he was an American hero but was always down to earth as any old country boy you ever seen. He said he used to tell the kids stories all the time of the war. He spoke very highly of the character of Mr. York.

Guest Termite

To me thats what makes the smack talk so sweet this year. We have had a tough couple of years and hadnt had much to talk about. Just trying to make up for lost time.

Better put on a pot of coffee, it's gonna be a long night. You bettter get to posting. You have less the 24 hours to "make up for lost time". After that........it's over ......compliments of York Dragons..

Better put on a pot of coffee, it's gonna be a long night. You bettter get to posting. You have less the 24 hours to "make up for lost time". After that........it's over ......compliments of York Dragons..

Now that's why I've always respected your post on here termite. At least you bring some good material to the table. Antwan is full of owl crap sometimes. I have to admit you come up with some funny stuff.

Guest Termite

Now that's why I've always respected your post on here termite. At least you bring some good material to the table. Antwan is full of owl crap sometimes. I have to admit you come up with some funny stuff.

Did you feed them boys tonight?

I done decided that you missed your calling......instead of a mailman....maybe you should have been a SHORT order cook.

Good luck tomorrow night ....them Dragons are pretty good. Tell them linebacks to stay with the keys.....that dang ball ain't where they think it is.

And York....... do what ya'll do and represent the district well.

Edited by Termite