Rhea County football future?

EagleLegend1

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a huge win over a quality opponent at the end of the year. So does that carry momentum into the summer for all involved, Coaches, returning players and parents. So is the Rhea faithful happy with the way things turned out or is another change in the future. THOUGHTS???

Not sure of any changes. I do know that Rhea has some good ball players.

I am very concerned about the future of the program. I really don't like what I have seen the last couple years. We do not have championship talent on the team, but we have way too much talent to just win 3 games in 2 seasons. Coach got a pass in year 1 and he deserved it because of the timing and all the junk that went on before he came aboard. That was not his fault. My concern is the willingness of the kids to lay it on the line for Coach Green. It doesn't matter how many X's and 0's you know if you can not motivate your players. Don't mistake my words as an excuse to "baby" the players. You can be demanding and push the kids hard and still have them respect and play hard for you. If they don't truly believe you have their back, you will never get the boys to reach their full potential.

It was a another rough year. However, yes we need to schedule different non-district games. I know powell was a late add to the schedule since the school that was scheduled to play us backed out. I hear that Cumberland and Coffee Co might be on the schedule next year. Which is way easier that Powell and Bearden. East Hamilton is coming to the district and will be a tough addition to the schedule.. So we need is one more game after that. I would like to see Red Bank back on the schedule or reschedule Brainerd

Year 3 is a crititcal year for Greene; another 1 or 2 win season won't cut it. Grant it, the team looked pretty good against cleveland, but it was just one game. I guess all we can do is hope the team has a good off season in the weight room at this point. I agree the championship talent just isn't there, but the talent to be competitve is. Also the last coulple of years depth and just the number of players on team has been short too. Which goes back to the kids buying in and trusting the coach to lead them to their full potential.

Edited by BigGreenCountry

It was a another rough year. However, yes we need to schedule different non-district games. I know powell was a late add to the schedule since the school that was scheduled to play us backed out. I hear that Cumberland and Coffee Co might be on the schedule next year. Which is way easier that Powell and Bearden. East Hamilton is coming to the district and will be a tough addition to the schedule.. So we need is one more game after that. I would like to see Red Bank back on the schedule or reschedule Brainerd

Year 3 is a crititcal year for Greene; another 1 or 2 win season won't cut it. Grant it, the team looked pretty good against cleveland, but it was just one game. I guess all we can do is hope the team has a good off season in the weight room at this point. I agree the championship talent just isn't there, but the talent to be competitve is. Also the last coulple of years depth and just the number of players on team has been short too. Which goes back to the kids buying in and trusting the coach to lead them to their full potential.

popcorneater.gif

I am very concerned about the future of the program. I really don't like what I have seen the last couple years. We do not have championship talent on the team, but we have way too much talent to just win 3 games in 2 seasons. Coach got a pass in year 1 and he deserved it because of the timing and all the junk that went on before he came aboard. That was not his fault. My concern is the willingness of the kids to lay it on the line for Coach Green. It doesn't matter how many X's and 0's you know if you can not motivate your players. Don't mistake my words as an excuse to "baby" the players. You can be demanding and push the kids hard and still have them respect and play hard for you. If they don't truly believe you have their back, you will never get the boys to reach their full potential.

thumb[1].gif

If UT does't hire Taw Jackson to replace Dooley, do you think we could get him to coach the Eagles? He is a proven winner with a terrific football mind. He could build a program like Maryville has. When George Quarrels is talking into his headset during the games he isn't talking to his coaches in the press box, it is Taw Jackson on the other end.

If UT does't hire Taw Jackson to replace Dooley, do you think we could get him to coach the Eagles? He is a proven winner with a terrific football mind. He could build a program like Maryville has. When George Quarrels is talking into his headset during the games he isn't talking to his coaches in the press box, it is Taw Jackson on the other end.

Too bad Quarles never has worn a headset that i can remember lol