Down goes South Gibson

spectator1

Don't be too hard on the SG posters. Until you have had the experience of facing really tough competition, it's easy to assume that you can run through the playoffs. Considering the age of their program, they had tremendous success. Congrats to SG on a tremendous season.

I have lived in Gibson County all of my life! One thing always remains the same. . . . The arrogance of Milan! South Gibson is a second year program! They defeated the so called King of west tn football in their second year. Milan does have tradition and a excellent football program, but they have no humility. A true champion shows humility and does not kick an opponent when they are down. The fact is that SGC played an opponent that had an excellent game plan. Before Carlos got hurt, SGC was not overpowering EH, They still scored after he got hurt so to say that SGC is not a good team with out Carlos is a fallacy. Are they a better team with him, yes! EH was huge and played as good as they could. SGC had a great season for a second year program. 2 years of existence, 2 years in the playoffs. Milan good luck in the up coming weeks! Ya'll have an excellent program, but you already know that. I hope that you yearn for the rematch that you should . . . CAK!!

Edited by dave61502
  • Upvote 1

I cant figure out this East Hickman team. They start the season by beating a very good Loretto team and a couple of games later they lose big to a team that the same Loretto team destroyed a week before. Then later E H plays really good about every other game or so. Then they make the playoffs and beat an undefeated South Gibson team. East Hickman obviously has some really good players that can play ball when they go out and give it their all. I hope they can keep it going.

Hang on a second Noah,

A hornet player started a thread saying y'all are a powerhouse. Then you get on here saying y'all are awesome. Now your playing the woe is me card and bashing Milan because they are good.

That's called, "double standard".

1 fan, he was more than likely not a player, does not set the standard for a team, so there is not double standard. I will be the first to admit that SGC has a lot of growing up to do, as they should because they are only a 2 year old program. I simply stated the facts. Milan fans were the first to talk trash after SGC beat them. Instead of support a their district or hope the individuals do well that beat them, they support themselves only. I want Milan to do well and represent West TN well. The arrogance is geting old. Theirs no double standard. 1 fan does not set the standard, you should know that!

I cant figure out this East Hickman team. They start the season by beating a very good Loretto team and a couple of games later they lose big to a team that the same Loretto team destroyed a week before. Then later E H plays really good about every other game or so. Then they make the playoffs and beat an undefeated South Gibson team. East Hickman obviously has some really good players that can play ball when they go out and give it their all. I hope they can keep it going.

this east hickman team is super loaded with talent , I have been hard on the coaches because I know what these kids an do, it's just bringing it out of them and smart play calling, motivating them and makng them believe. Congrats to east they are FINALLY bringing this thing together . I'm proud of the kids,