Fairview @ Cheatham #2

bigdaddy67

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone give us a recap of the game? How did FV come back? And how did CC pull it out?

howdoitknow2 calls the game for the local radio so he can give you a play by play recap. But the bottom line is turnovers. Cheatham coughed it up a couple times and put Fairview in good field position. Fairview threw 2 critical interceptions.

Rise up CUBNATION!!! GO CUBS!!!

Congrats to Cody and the Cubs....great win and set a new county record for wins in a season with 12. Now can they try to do what Harpeth and Sycamore could not do....win a quarterfinal playoff game.

Good Luck next week against a team that has a unfair advantage and should be playing in the paying private school league. Beat those guys!!!

Yeah Hogan I know how you feel. I never thought it was fair for a school with 350 having to play schools with over 1000 and co-op schools allowed to play adding another 500. Of course there is the open enrollment fairness issue as well.

You are right. A school with 350 going up against 1500 open enrollment schools is unfair....

But they didn't ask me and you got to play the hand you are dealt. I don't think the boys will be paying much attention to fair or unfair Friday night.

Yeah Hogan I know how you feel. I never thought it was fair for a school with 350 having to play schools with over 1000 and co-op schools allowed to play adding another 500. Of course there is the open enrollment fairness issue as well.

You are right. A school with 350 going up against 1500 open enrollment schools is unfair....

But they didn't ask me and you got to play the hand you are dealt. I don't think the boys will be paying much attention to fair or unfair Friday night.

Ah yes, poor little CPA. They are at such a disadvantage with their minimal budget, no-name Coach, and inability to get the players they want. Cry me a river Coachrus. Next week in Ashland City we will see a true battle of the haves vs the have-nots(in regard to athletic budgets and top recruits). Hope the Little Cubs can pull a Hickory and win one for the little guy and keep their dream season alive. A team like this comes along once every few decades in Ashland City, whereas CPA can just go and hand pick some more star players from the entire Middle Tn area and do it again next year. Go Cubs!!!!

Fairview forced a fumble on the game's opening kickoff and scored on 4th down and 4 from the 15 when Ramey hit Moore for a TD. The Cubs responded with a long drive that ended with a TD run by Potts. After stopping Fairview on 4th down on the next series the Cubs marched downfield and scored again on a Potts TD run. The Cubs defense then forced a punt and took over and this is where White scored on a short TD run. The Cubs ended the half by denying a FHS scoring threat when Thatcher Brinkley came away with his 5th interception. The 2nd half began with Fairview having the ball and scoring on a halfback pass from Garrett Wall to Moore. The Cubs next 2 possessions resulted in a stop on downs and a fumble. The Jackets scored on the first play of the fourth quarter when Moore hauled in his 3rd TD catch of the night. The next Cubs possession started at their own 12 yard line and the Cubs proceeded to march 88 yards in 7 minutes for the go ahead TD drive. White added another TD run to make the score 28 to 21. Mitchell Potts came up with a huge 4th down tackle and scored on the very next play on a long TD run to make it 36 to 21. Brinkley added his 6th interception to seal the Jackets hopes for good and the Cubs won 36 to 21.

Howdy I know CPA is as good as they come. I realize they got best coaches( supposedly) they have pick of best kids, they have destroyed everyone. But... CC can win this game,and anyone who bets against the cubs better use caution! Last year CPA was great, they beat us no doubt, but had couple plays went other ways we may have won that game! This years team is just got something Joey that you don't always see. I'm so happy to be apart of it. Hopefully they can keep going to state! Go cubs!!!!

Cheatham has a great chance if they control the clock.

Pass the word to the Cubs to emphasize the importance of special teams this week. This is the only thing keeping me from predicting a Cubs victory. When you get this deep into the playoffs special teams will win or lose a ball game for you.

Good luck to the Cubs and the coaching staff.

Ah yes, poor little CPA. They are at such a disadvantage with their minimal budget, no-name Coach, and inability to get the players they want. Cry me a river Coachrus. Next week in Ashland City we will see a true battle of the haves vs the have-nots(in regard to athletic budgets and top recruits). Hope the Little Cubs can pull a Hickory and win one for the little guy and keep their dream season alive. A team like this comes along once every few decades in Ashland City, whereas CPA can just go and hand pick some more star players from the entire Middle Tn area and do it again next year. Go Cubs!!!!

I hate to burst your bubble and what you've been told, but almost all the seniors and every senior that starts played together on the 5th/6th grade football team. What a recruiting job that must have been

Give me a break.