Westmoreland @ CPA

coachrus

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MO has no chance to compete with CPA. It's about the same chance postaldude has of reaching the top cabinet shelf (without a booster step) in his house. CPA can go ahead and start preparing for a couple of good teams in Cheatham or Fairview.

The MO runs the wing T and are very one dimensional. They will throw a couple of one receiver routs with the waggle and will try to throw deep occasionally. They may go to the spread some if they can't run. Typical wing T team. I don't think they can stop a balanced team like CPA.

CPA has seen quite a bit of the Wing T this year. You've got to be disciplined on defense to defend it.

Westmoreland's 9-2 record says to me that they belong in the top 16. They handled York pretty easily Friday night. At this point in the season, you've got to bring your A game. There are no easy teams left. I hope your right about the outcome, but I suspect it will be a good game.

CPA has seen quite a bit of the Wing T this year. You've got to be disciplined on defense to defend it.

Westmoreland's 9-2 record says to me that they belong in the top 16. They handled York pretty easily Friday night. At this point in the season, you've got to bring your A game. There are no easy teams left. I hope your right about the outcome, but I suspect it will be a good game.

Would you say the strength of CPA is the run? or the pass? Do you all have a big offensive line?

I feel reading this that they play to our strengths definitely. They'll probably put 9 men in the box against us and try to stop the run. I'm sure they have watched film on our RB's and see we have a couple that will take it to the house on you in a fast way. As far as their passing game goes, I feel we have possibly the best secondary we have ever had at Westmoreland. We have Speed at both corner positions to run man to man coverage. We also have a big safety that will take your head off and can get pretty high in the air himself(wyatt carter). We'll just be happy to make a game of this one.

The only time that I have seen CPA put 9 in the box on defense this year is during goal line stands. They run a 3-4 most of the time and do a good job on on the edges. The 31 points they gave up to GP was the most this year so they will need to tighten up the defense and eliminate the penalties.

I would not say that CPA is a pass first offense like CAK (not sure anyone can compare themselves to CAK!) since the Lions have 2600 yards rushing this year compared to 1700 yards passing. CPA had a lot of success running the ball early in the season so the last couple of teams we played sold out to stopping the run game which opened up the passing game.

I'm sure all your boys have been going to football camps and such since they were in diapers and all probably have colleges on some level looking at them. We just a bunch of poor people trying to enjoy the highschool years up here as the big business'es cut all our pay. We will barely have the gas money to make it to Nashville. Matter of fact I have 14 people riding on my F250 and we've put all our money together just to get enough diesel to get down there. So we're just going to try and enjoy this thing while it last. Some of our kids dont know what a private school is. They think private means a military school for the most part. I'm sure ya'll will trounce us. By the way were is the school located down there. Would it be better to go I65 or I40. I have never been and I'm sure not many people up here have either. Pleas try not to hurt any of our little guys if you dont mind.

Edited by Mr. Postman1

the one you speak of as the safety Mr. postman, is he a underclassmen? the reason i ask is when i was driving in downtown of westmoreland i didn't see that name hanging on the banners of players in the local business. looks like to me the main reason the team is doing so well is they are playin for each other for sure and have the leadership any team needs to be a good one. they haven't had that in years. no matters what happens they all should be proud of what they have accomplished this year from coaches all the way to the freshmen.

the one you speak of as the safety Mr. postman, is he a underclassmen? the reason i ask is when i was driving in downtown of westmoreland i didn't see that name hanging on the banners of players in the local business. looks like to me the main reason the team is doing so well is they are playin for each other for sure and have the leadership any team needs to be a good one. they haven't had that in years. no matters what happens they all should be proud of what they have accomplished this year from coaches all the way to the freshmen.

Naugh, he's a senior.His banner and Marcus troutts were hanging on the side the police station was on. His was beside Bowser's insurance CO. on that little gray building. Reason I know so well we had to take um all down after the game other night. Well, me and my wife. Edited by Mr. Postman1

I'm assuming you are a Motown fan. Good to see some more postersfrom our fine town. Like Termite said, I do have a kid on the team but he only gets to play on extra point team. He did start the first game of the year at D tackle while they were trying to find the best sophmore for the job but the man who won out has done a tremendous job(Luke Hall). I love Westmoreland "football". All people have hobbies and mine just so happens to be Westmoreland highschool football. I would love to see us win a state championship. I do get on here a little more when I have a dog in the hunt. In 06 "last time we won the region" I had 2 cousins on the team. The next few years a dear friend of mine had a son on the team. 09 rolled around and I undertook a large construction project that kept me away from the program for about a year and a half or so. While this was going on I had a boy playing middle school ball so I wasnt able to attend as many highschool games that year. Coincidently this was the same year we were going through an unsuccessful coaching change. Coach Kelly stepped back in an help to right the ship and now you see we are back on track with a Jackie Kelly protigy at the helm. I enjoy having these guys at the house every Thursday night playing paintball in the woods back there and eating what ever the other parents help to furnish for the weeks menu. I would like to say I appreciate the support I have seen from all the parents. ld love to invite every member from the Westmoreland highschool football Team including managers and coaches Thursday night to celebrate the playoff win and also to get pumped for the 2nd round action. We will win this thing if we go in emotionally charged like we were Friday. If you would like to help out Thursday night get together just email me at dbooker@nctc.com and I will get back to you on how to do so. If not just keep posting on here and support the eagle program. Edited by Mr. Postman1

I'm sure all your boys have been going to football camps and such since they were in diapers and all probably have colleges on some level looking at them. We just a bunch of poor people trying to enjoy the highschool years up here as the big business'es cut all our pay. We will barely have the gas money to make it to Nashville. Matter of fact I have 14 people riding on my F250 and we've put all our money together just to get enough diesel to get down there. So we're just going to try and enjoy this thing while it last. Some of our kids dont know what a private school is. They think private means a military school for the most part. I'm sure ya'll will trounce us. By the way were is the school located down there. Would it be better to go I65 or I40. I have never been and I'm sure not many people up here have either. Pleas try not to hurt any of our little guys if you dont mind.

Coming south on 65 take the Briley Parkway exit west to 40 west. Follow Briley around to 40 west towards Memphis. Get off at the Old Hickory Exit. Bottom of the ramp turn left and follow Old Hickory until it dead ends in to Highway 100. Turn left and travel to the first traffic light(stay in right lane) turn right back on to Old Hickory. The school is on the right about 2-3 miles. Easier to park on the first entrance, still will have a walk back to the stadium. Look forward to having the Eagles in the Den.

So Westmoreland runs the Wing T on offense and has a lot of speed at RB. It would appear that they are stronger on the defense side of the ball (correct me if I am wrong) with some really big linemen. What kind of defense do they run? Do they play both ways or do they have enough athletes to platoon?