Wayne County Wildcats: 2013

wildcatpride70

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What grade was your QB this year? Is the youngest Rice a QB? Is the Mathis kid related to the Mathis from last year's team?

Our starting QB in pre season was #5 that played corner and some wide receiver on last years team and he was a senior, and went out with a knee injury. The qb that started the rest of the season was a junior. the youngest Rice kid is in the 8th grade this year and yes he plays qb. he is about 6'1 and runs the ball like Austin and throws alot like Tyler, his older brothers. The Mathis kid may be related to #10 from last years team but it would be distant. he has great speed and really good sense for the field. They are the only 3 coming up off the top of my head that I think will compete for a spot except the Birchette kid, hes another great athlete with really good speed and is also atleast 6 feet tall probably. WC has a really bright future these next several years, our middle school went undefeated and theres about 19 6th graders coming that have been dominate in youth football also.

Our starting QB in pre season was #5 that played corner and some wide receiver on last years team and he was a senior, and went out with a knee injury. The qb that started the rest of the season was a junior. the youngest Rice kid is in the 8th grade this year and yes he plays qb. he is about 6'1 and runs the ball like Austin and throws alot like Tyler, his older brothers. The Mathis kid may be related to #10 from last years team but it would be distant. he has great speed and really good sense for the field. They are the only 3 coming up off the top of my head that I think will compete for a spot except the Birchette kid, hes another great athlete with really good speed and is also atleast 6 feet tall probably. WC has a really bright future these next several years, our middle school went undefeated and theres about 19 6th graders coming that have been dominate in youth football also.

That's good to hear for WC. I dont think JB will be as good as they have been the past few years for several years to come but you never know

I think the Wc coached did an outstanding job getting this team to the playoffs and competing when they got there. I know Wc lost but they played JB to the end!

Yeah they didnt give up thats for sure. JB kinda got lazy on that long td pass towards the end of the game. If they want to make it very far they just cant take any plays off

I look for #7 Lucas Ray and #4 Logan Cole to join Bevis in the backfield next year and with all the line returning Wc should have alot of success running the ball.

I had my doubts about the line this year, but they did a good job. I think they'll be pretty good next year. They'll have a years worth of experience and another summer of practice, weight lifting, and conditioning. #4 and #7 will help carry the load with Bevis. We really need more options back there than what we had this year.

Edited by wildcatalumni

I had my doubts about the line this year, but they did a good job. I think they'll be pretty good next year. They'll have a years worth of experience and another summer of practice, weight lifting, and conditioning. #4 and #7 will help carry the load with Bevis. We really need more options back there than what we had this year.

We were limited on backs this year but have alot of them coming up.