7-AAA Baseball M TN

jboro

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would have said before football season that it was between Riverdale and Siegel to win the division again with Siegel having the edge with their pitching. However, with Siegel's injury's I now will have to go with Riverdale having the edge. So my prediction for 7AAA is:

Riverdale

Siegel (assuming they will be able to overcome their injuries)

Oakland

Smyrna

Blackman

Lavergne

I think the pitching for Riverdale will give them the edge again and they can always hit. Siegel will have good pitching but are not as strong without Stockstill. Oakland has the potential to move up the rankings but I think they will struggle on offense and may struggle with having enough strong pitching for a 3 game series. I am not really sure about Smyrna but they had a good season last year. Blackman has a lot to prove this year after last year but they have a new coach and hopefully a new enthusiasm.

I wouldn’t count out Siegel. I agree, with their injuries it will be tuff to overcome. I think Riverdale will be good; but not as good as last year. With that said, they have very good pitching.

I think Oakland will be very good, they played last year with mostly sophomores, and finished very well. All the starters are back and the catcher that was injured last year and didn’t play, is expected to be back, should bring help offensively and defensively

I'm gonna stick with my prediction

1) Oakland

2) Siegel

3) Riverdale

4)Blackman

Edited by jboro

Oakland lost two starters from last year. Third base and center field. Stacy will probably start at third this year but I do not know who they have for center field this year. i think they will have holes in their outfield. Their hitting last year was only strong against average pitching and seemed to disappear when they faced the better pitchers towards the end of last season. They really miss Brennan King as their hitting coach. Most of Oakland's starting pitching rotation (or who i think will start... Ward, Newman Hawkins) are also position players and also need to be in the batting lineup. That makes it very hard on those pitchers in a three game series and for the long haul of a season to not get burned out. I hope I am wrong but for those reasons I think Riverdale and Siegel will end up winning again.

I agree Oakland is missing Brenan King. I know there have been hopes by players and parents that he will return. I think its shame if Oakland lets him get away. He is a very good coach, and the players seem to respond well to his coaching. If he doesn’t come back it won’t take long for someone to give him a job.

I think the Stacey kid will fit in nice at 3rd. in the OF they lost the centerfielder and I think Givens and Smith with their speed will cover a lot of ground in the OF. With the Matrone kid coming back from his injury, he will be a nice addition to a solid team

I can’t argue with your observations. I just think they will be better than most think.

• 2 weeks later...

Riverdale

Oakland

Seigal

Smyrna or Blackman

Lavergne.

Riverdale has the best starting pitching staff and pitching wins games with these bbcor bats, Oakland finished 2nd last year and returns almost all of their starters plus the addition Peyton Matroni who help them on offense and behind the plate, and Seigal seems to always be in the hunt no matter who they lose.

• 2 weeks later...

Oakland will be very competitive in this district. As I said before, everyone is back and the two that were lost, will not make a difference. They have talent that could make this team better than last year. The Matronie kid will give them strength behind the dish and i hear he has a pretty good bat.Stacey will be a good 3rd baseman and can hit. cunningham, smith, givins, moore and newman can all play the OF. I agree pitching is important....

Eliers

Ward

Newman

Pearson

Hawkins

Stacey

Cairo

Not a bad pitchig group.