Brentwood Lady Bruins should now be ranked #1

johngunn44

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody that pays ANY attention knows the coach T polls for anything other than football are as inaccurate as a Tim Tebow pass. The only rankings that matter (for as much as any rankings matter) is EurosportScoreboard. No offense to anyone at Coach T intended....

I think you are being generous to the Coach T football polls.....

• 2 weeks later...

After defeating Farragut in the Semifinals and then Seigal in the finals shouldnt the Lady Bruins now be ranked the #1 team in the Coach T rankings? also, how does Oak Ridge continue to be ranked so high when they were knocked out in the Regionals.

Maybe it's the way Brentwood won the semi? I can't remember when I have seen a team score off of an post-injury restart. Most teams/coaches have the class to play the ball back to a defender for the opposing team.

Maybe it's the way Brentwood won the semi? I can't remember when I have seen a team score off of an post-injury restart. Most teams/coaches have the class to play the ball back to a defender for the opposing team.

if I recall the referee called the free kick not brentwood and the brentwood player was the one that had to leave the field injured.

if I recall the referee called the free kick not brentwood and the brentwood player was the one that had to leave the field injured.

The referee made a call for an "indirect kick" to restart after he stopped play for the injuries. He did not rule it as a foul. It is totally irrelevant whether the Brentwood player had to leave the field or not. The Farragut keeper and the Brentwood player that ran into her were both down for several minutes. 9 times out of 10 the ref will rule that as "dangerous play" and award the ball to the "keepers" team. Indeed, not 5 minutes before that, the referee warned a Farragut player for a glancing contact with the Brentwood keeper. I am a retired coach with many games behind me and I enjoyed the entire tournament, but as I stated before, I can't remember when I have seen a team score off of an injury restart. I regret when a referee's call, or no-call, changes the outcome of the game. Bottom line - Congrats to Brentwood for winning the championship.