Is this Covington's year?

thegood

Don't take it so personally purpleandgold, just stating my personal opinion. It's my first year keeping up with high school ball since I played so as far as I'm concerned you can throw history out the door.. I literally live in the world of football: work in the nfl, don't miss an SEC game and obviously stay on top of Page Football. I firmly believe that the Giles team this year is on another level in 4A so I don't see Covington beating them. Teams like Lexington and Covington need to schedule some tough middle Tennessee competition during the season to prepare themselves for this point in the season..

Trust me everything on here is taken with a grain of salt. Personally I'm thrilled to still be able to have a team to yell for. Covington is going to be down a notch after this yr so I'm having all the fun I can now. Compared to where Covington was record wise 3-4 yrs ago to where they are now...I just cant help but gloat a little :roflol:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tell ya what worried me about the Trezevant game is that Covington was not able to adjust after halftime to the changes Trezevant made. Our guards got knocked on their butts more than once while pulling to block and as far as our defense goes Trezevant just ran at us and moved the ball. But so far our team has found a way to win. We are little but have big hearts. We will see how far that can carry them. Go Chargers! :hungry:

Don't take it so personally purpleandgold, just stating my personal opinion. It's my first year keeping up with high school ball since I played so as far as I'm concerned you can throw history out the door.. I literally live in the world of football: work in the nfl, don't miss an SEC game and obviously stay on top of Page Football. I firmly believe that the Giles team this year is on another level in 4A so I don't see Covington beating them. Teams like Lexington and Covington need to schedule some tough middle Tennessee competition during the season to prepare themselves for this point in the season..

Amen, and by they way, y'all are class act there at Page. When Giles Co. came visiting, your cheerleaders walked over to our side and gave the GC cheerleaders (my daughter's on the squad) a cheer basket at half time. A small token, but I haven't seen that done in many years. Please pass it along to the Page folks that we appreciate your class.

I'll take your football knowledge as a given. But, have you seen Covington play this year, either live or on video? I sort of doubt it. Your last sentence sounds more to me like a prejudice against West Tennessee than a factual analysis of Covington's strengths and weaknesses. If you look at schedule strength on Coach T, for instance, you will see that Covington's schedule strength is one notch ahead of Giles. Covington at 53, Giles at 54.

http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/rankings/sos.cfm?sportid=1

I'll tell you right off that I have not seen one play of any game by Giles County. Neither am I making any statements about whether they will win or lose. Just hate to see somebody making broad statements about my team with no info to back them up.

I don't mean for my opinion to be biased, however I do see where it could look that way. The west does have some great football programs, it just seems they haven't "sealed the deal" in a while. Why will Covingtom not beat Giles? You can't run the ball 95% of the game on the best defense in 4A. Looking at your schedule I don't see an offense as dynamic as Giles either. If you end up playing Fulton you deal with the fastest team in 4A. I do wish the best to your program though..