Proposed Districts

Omniscience

Here are the others. It only goes to District 14 but as someone pointed out, it doesn't matter since it's not four from one district vs four from the next over. I wasn't able to keep it from having one five-team district, out of Memphis, but it was necessary to have it with all 3A and the next one over with all 4A. Tullahoma would have long travel and they'd be the largest school in this so they might move up anyway to AAA/5A.

District 9

Camden Central High School FB 582

Stewart Co. High School FB 678

Cheatham Co. Central High School FB 626

Creek Wood High School FB 880

Montgomery Central High School FB 887

Northeast High School FB 1088

Kenwood High School FB 1038

District 10

East Hickman High School FB 586

Lewis Co. High School FB 587

Fairview High School FB 613

Giles Co. High School FB 841

Spring Hill High School FB 921

Marshall Co. High School FB 811

Tullahoma High School FB 1081

District 11

Milan High School FB 594

South Gibson Co. High School FB 627

Westview High School FB 633

Covington High School FB 768

Obion Co. Central High School FB 935

Haywood High School FB 916

Dyersburg High School FB 847

Ripley High School FB 871

District 12

Central-Merry High School FB 750

McNairy Central High School FB 755

Crockett Co. High School FB 782

Liberty Technology Magnet FB 788

Jackson South Side High School FB 797

Bolivar Central High School FB 798

Chester Co. High School FB 810

Lexington High School FB 906

Jackson North Side High School FB 968

District 13

Frayser High School FB 582

Trezevant High School FB 622

Frederick Douglass High School FB 634

Fairley High School FB 741

Memphis East High School FB 795

District 14

Sheffield High School FB 843

Fayette Ware High School FB 899

Raleigh Egypt High School FB 842

Melrose High School FB 934

Hamilton High School FB 915

Craigmont High School FB 1002

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

goodpasture will be 2A next year and Summit will be going up to AAA since they will have seniors next year.

This is how it would be, more or less, if they went with just football schools in the dividing. Plus I'm putting in steps to have the number of 3A and 4A teams in a regular season district as close as possible, or have it all one or the other.

If A and AAA work out well I will send these to the TSSAA. They could toss it but it would help solve one of the schools' big concerns, the uneven number of teams from different playoff groups. It wouldn't happen this upcoming time period regardless but they plan to look at things again in two years.

They would be Class A. The cutoff would go up about 50 students, not a huge amount but it would keep some good teams Class A unless they wanted to move up.

If it was judged unfair for the Chattanooga district to be all 3A playoff teams, the only one if the Memphis teams were redone to split them better, you could probably have Stone and Cumberland in there with Bledsoe (just down the mountain), Sequatchie (about 50 miles from Crossville), Grundy (old rival with Bledsoe and Sequatchie) and Tullahoma-which would have good drives whatever district they were placed in. After that things would have to be redone elsewhere but it would probably still work out.

The playoffs would still be a ?? to some but at least it would have a good starting point, close to equal numbers of 3A and 4A teams in each district.

Do you think Polk and McMinn Central go along with a district of Brainerd, Howard, Sequoyah, Chattanooga Central, Hixson and East Ridge? (Hixson was moved east to even out districts).

District 6A doesn't complain because Vickie likes being the bully of a small weak district, and the other teams are happy to get into the playoffs with a terrible record. (I know Marion is doing well this year.) Just think Coach Davis has the integrity to tell it like it is.

Somebody else said it, but why do the football districts have to match other sports. The way the football playoff brackets and seeding are done, you don't have to have 16 districts for the brackets to work. For football, you could move Sequoyah and Sweetwater to 4AA, scrap 5AA, move Polk and McMinn County to 6AA, and shift Red Bank +/- Hixson to 7AA. Each district would have 7 or 8 teams, and travel would not be bad.