Round 3 Tennessee High at Powell

THSFather

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been flying under the radar all year. Regular season was 6-4. Our 4 losses were to 6A Jeff County, Science Hill and Dobyns Bennett. Each of those teams clearly dominated, but Jeff Co not as much. We also lost to Daniel Boone by having a really bad night. Avenged that loss last week.

Our #6 seed has beaten #3 and #2 in the playoffs, now going for #1. We have a very good defense, and also a spread offense. Our top QB and reciever are both Juniors, and can really connect. We pass about 50% of the time, and our guys never quit. Looking forward to visiting Powell.

Been flying under the radar all year. Regular season was 6-4. Our 4 losses were to 6A Jeff County, Science Hill and Dobyns Bennett. Each of those teams clearly dominated, but Jeff Co not as much. We also lost to Daniel Boone by having a really bad night. Avenged that loss last week.

Our #6 seed has beaten #3 and #2 in the playoffs, now going for #1. We have a very good defense, and also a spread offense. Our top QB and reciever are both Juniors, and can really connect. We pass about 50% of the time, and our guys never quit. Looking forward to visiting Powell.

sounds like it should be a great game! We are also strong on offense and defense. Our one loss was against Oak Ridge, which beat Science Hill, and played Maryville close two times

Edited by powellphoto

Looks like we're truly going to have to be ROAD WARRIOR'S if we are to advance any farther.

This will be a tough nut to crack I'm sure. But it can be one.

We run a true spread attack with 4 or 5 very capable targets for Henley to throw to.Running backs are small but run bigger... scat-back type with power.

Defense is undersized,but that has been our story all year so that's nothing new to us...but they do swarm to the ball and are on you like pack of Rabid Spider monkeys.

I'd say we are about 65-35 pass- run percentage.

Powell has got to be ready to play. Tennessee High cant be overlooked. Tn passes the ball quite a bit. That could be a good thing considering Powell may have the best defensive back in the state on their team. Powell's defense has got to be focused and disciplined.

I don't think Powell is overlooking anyone at this point. They are playing very focused football right now. The 1st team defense has only allowed 5 tds in the last 20 qtrs of play, not to mention the offense is really clicking. Owenby went 14-17 for 175yds and 3 tds against West. Both backs seem to be running the ball very well, too. It should be a great and exciting game! The Vikings look tough!

Edited by powellphoto

It will be a tall order for sure ,But Boggs has these kids believing they can beat anybody.

We've already played the two toughest teams we will see this year in DB and Science Hill. taking nothing away from powell I'm sure they are plenty tough and we will be heavy underdogs.

But after getting our clocks cleaned by DB and I guess SH even though we put 48 on them.I think it thicked our skin up somewhat and we are now a better team for it. Now Whether we can beat Powell or not ..well were gonna give it all we got ...will it be enough?Just have to wait and see.

Powellphoto is your field a natural surface or synthetic?

Edited by couch qb

It will be a tall order for sure ,But Boggs has these kids believing they can beat anybody.

We've already played the two toughest teams we will see this year in DB and Science Hill. taking nothing away from powell I'm sure they are plenty tough and we will be heavy underdogs.

But after getting our clocks cleaned by DB and I guess SH even though we put 48 on them.I think it thicked our skin up somewhat and we are now a better team for it. Now Whether we can beat Powell or not ..well were gonna give it all we got ...will it be enough?Just have to wait and see.

Powellphoto is your field a natural surface or synthetic?

IMO, THS is one the most dangerous kind of teams you can play....a team that believes. It will be a tough game. The field is natural surface.