CPA @ Cheatham..........Lions & Bears OH MY!

howdoitknow

This game has been anticipated for a long time by not only the football players but also the fans, the parents, and everyone that supports the cubs. This game is going to be loud and the atmosphere is going to be buzzing. The boys are probably going to be reminded of the game last year and that the team is growing stronger every play. This team has no quit the resilency of this team is amazing. I have watched every game and now just about every player on a personal level and i can tell you they have wanted this day to come so bad all week. good luck to cpa and i hope y'all have a safe trip over here

Gerry thk you!! No Offense,but we are used to people saying we can't win.. Lol not trying stir another battle about it.. Just saying... Hopefully we get a chance to play the mighty Milan team that goes state every year next week.. If not, then it's been great year.., idk if I were gambling man I would bet the bank against this team.. Hope you can come watch the game Gerry.,

This game comes down to who controls the line of scrimmage when Cheatham has the ball in my opinion. CPA is balanced enough between run and pass that they will score some points when they have the ball. Cheatham has rolled up huge offensive numbers this year but it has been mainly through their run game. CPA has had some kids hurt in the front 7 on defense and could be susceptible to the CC running attack. Most of the kids are back healthy enough to play in this game though. Stopping or at least slowing down CC's running game will be the key to a CPA win. CPA likely won't stop them but if they can slow them down enough and force some punts while getting a lead... it may be enough for them to hold on for a win. Anything that can force CC to play form behind would be an advantage for CPA.

Conversely, if CC is able to gash CPA in the run game consisently and keep the ball away from CPA's offense it could be a long night for the Lions. Expecting this to be the toughest and closest game of the year for both teams. Look forward to being there in a few hours. Great banter between fans btw. I wish all of the threads on here were as competitive yet as good natured as this one.

• Upvote 1

This game comes down to who controls the line of scrimmage when Cheatham has the ball in my opinion. CPA is balanced enough between run and pass that they will score some points when they have the ball. Cheatham has rolled up huge offensive numbers this year but it has been mainly through their run game. CPA has had some kids hurt in the front 7 on defense and could be susceptible to the CC running attack. Most of the kids are back healthy enough to play in this game though. Stopping or at least slowing down CC's running game will be the key to a CPA win. CPA likely won't stop them but if they can slow them down enough and force some punts while getting a lead... it may be enough for them to hold on for a win. Anything that can force CC to play form behind would be an advantage for CPA.

Conversely, if CC is able to gash CPA in the run game consisently and keep the ball away from CPA's offense it could be a long night for the Lions. Expecting this to be the toughest and closest game of the year for both teams. Look forward to being there in a few hours. Great banter between fans btw. I wish all of the threads on here were as competitive yet as good natured as this one.

Good preview.

The Cubs have been an "underdog" all season so I wouldn't have it any other way as far as how the Tennessean picks the game tonight. My goodness Mike Jarreau Field will be rocking tonight! I always love the playoffs when it gets to the 2nd round & beyond because there are nothing but GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS remaining. This is even more magnified once a team reaches the Quarterfinal Round of the playoffs. At the same time, while I do love it, it is also a sad time when great high school football players & teams start ending dream seasons and memorable playing careers that will be talked about 10-20 years down the line. I still remember being a sophomore in high school in the fall of 1999 and being in the stands the night Harpeth reached the quarters and playing Huntingdon. I also remember being a senior in 2001 and playing in the quarters at Crockett County. I remember five years later being a spectator when Sycamore once again made the quarters and played at Pearl-Cohn in the quarters. Prior to tonight those were the only 3 instances where teams from our rural county reached this round of the playoffs. I recall mumbletypeg saying last weekend that this is something that rarely happens in our neck of the woods. He was absolutely right! It may not be until 2020 (or beyond) until a team from Cheatham County has an opportunity to do something this special once again. I believe that is why it is so appreciated by the Cubs Nation. This dream season has been everything a fan, player, coach, or student could ask for AND THEN SOME!!! I certainly hope the ride continues beyond tonight! 2 Wins Away From the State Championship Game..........GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!