Eagleville @ Gordonsville

croz6110

Congrats to Gordonsville. I don't think proud parents always represent the coaches and teams and head coaches dont' always represent the fan base. If they stumble before the state championship they can eat crow like other people sitting at home who boasted. Wins are wins no matter the by how many.

+10

Exactly and folks don't give credit to teams that struggle and come out with a win. I reckon that's why we have actually play the games.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eagleville basically had a better gameplan than Gville.

Eville pulled out all the stops.

Their 1st TD was about 50 yards and was tipped by a Gville defender and then an Eagleville player, then another Eville player caught it.

Their second TD was a Tailback pass.

Gville was playing the DB's WAY too far off the ball. They were giving Eagleville the 10 yard outs all night.

Toward the end, the coaches were finally letting the kids play ball, and it showed.

On offense, I think we're going to have to mix up the blocking schemes a little.

When you're playing against a 6 man line with quick players, I don't think you need to pull the backside guard and tackle.

The D linemen were getting in the lineman's hip pocket and it was taking them to the ball.

Overall, Eagleville had a better gameplan and played above their heads.

And, Gville was too conservative. When there's 10 guys in the box, you need to throw before it's 3rd or 4th down.

And, 46 suiting up at half was huge. He made a difference in all 3 phases of the game.

Either way, we won and we keep playing.

This proves at this time of year you can't overlook anyone.

But, the best team one.

Do I think we should've beat them by more? Yes.

We played the 4th quarter like we should've played all game.

Another thing, with Eagleville shifting like they were on offense, caught us out of position alot.

Props to Eagleville for having a great gameplan. I just hope Coalfield or Huntingdon don't watch the film.