FCS vs. Wilson Central

Commanderbra

I know for a 100% fact that this is a lie. Friendship Christian did not contact Lebanon or Wilson Central and ask for a game 2 years ago or 4 years ago. I know someone on each staff (formerly and currently), and Friendship did not do that and have not did that for this scheduling period. So, do your homework before posting "rumors" that obviously got started by some Friendship player or supporter who thought it would make them look good if they said Lebanon or Wilson Central were afraid to play them. Fact is Lebanon or Wilson Central would most definitely play them if they were ever called. They've never been called. That's not rumor. That is 100% fact.

Also, let's put things in perspective. I was a part of Class A football for several years, then I have been a part of Class AAA football for a while now. I've been a part of both so I've seen it from both worlds. These are the differences I have seen.

The biggest difference in A and AAA is speed. Class AAA are a little bigger physically, but the biggest difference is speed. Friendship could probablty play with Lebanon, Wilson Central, or Mt. Juliet in the trenches. Where they would struggle would be dealing with the speed of a Caleb Hopkins, Jalen Graham, or Chris Lee. These are just a few names of many. Even Lebanon has more speed than Friendship.

Also, you Friendship supporters act like teams that play in Lebanon, Wilson Central, and Mt. Juliet's district are terrible. Friendship got beat by 1-A Gordonsville. The only team in Lebanon's district that played a 1-A school was Portland. Portland played a team who was undefeated at the time in Clarksville Academy, and Portland beat them 49-0. It's not like Portland was the best team in the district. They are definitely middle of the road at best.

Another difference between A and AAA. There are no guarentee wins. Lebanon did not get the luxury of playing Pickett County with 15 players (3 of which are girls) or Red Boiling Springs. They do not get to play Monterey or Clay County. Everyone in AAA has some talent, and if you don't come to play on any given night, you'll get beat. That's why I love 6-A football. It's a battle every night. Just ask the coaching staffs at Mt. Juliet or Wilson Central. The Bears had to stop Station Camp on the 1 yard line on 4th down to escape with a win. Wilson Central had to throw a bomb with a minute to go to squeak by Portland. Heck, even Hendersonvile (who beat Riverdale) played bad and lost to Lebanon. When was the last time, Pickett County shocked your district and beat Watertown. It doesn't happen because the gap is too big, and your power teams like Gordonsville, FCS, and Trousdale County don't have to play well to win every night. While saying that, I honestly believe if Lebanon played FCS's schedule this year, Lebanon would have finished at least 8-2. At least 8 wins during the regular season.

So, let's keep things in perspective.

If FCS played Lebanon this season, it would have been a good game, and you guys would have had a chance to win. They were terribly coached, had injuries, and no confidence.

If FCS played Wilson Central, do you not understand that the 3 teams that beat WC this season have a combined record of 34-2. Central has too much speed for FC. I don't think it would be close.

If you played MJ, you guys are right. MJ would beat you handily.

That's my take on things. I'm sure it will go in one ear and out the other. If you get anything from this post, take this. Do not post false rumors about Wilson Central and Lebanon not wanting to play. That is false.

If you want truth, FCS has been contacted by one of these schools, and the school has heard absolutely nothing in return. *crickets*

That's fact!

. Well, LOL, your facts are wrong! Crickets is exactly what FC heard when they previously contacted WC and Lebanon 2 yrs ago. Also please tell me where I said anyone in 6A was scared to play FC. I said they had nothing to gain.

As a former D-1 player in college (raised in MJ) I can personally attest there is no difference between "ELITE LEVEL" 1A teams and most 6A teams including all those in this county excepth DEPTH!!

Now if you take an elite 6A team like Maryville or last years team who demolished MJ from Memphis Whitehaven then yes the difference is great. But with that being said, look what happened to MJ when they played them.

To say FC doesn't have speed is rediculious. Ask your kids who have grown up playing against FC's and they'll tell you. They know!!

As for playing one another's schedule I only say 2 schools in the county are still playing. One of these is defending state champs ALL others are still chasing their 1st title appearance. Now, that's the facts!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, for now, depth is the reason why Friendship would wear down against Leb, Wilson C, and Mt.Juliet. Ill also add that if i were a betting man, Friendship could've beaten Lebanon this year, speed or not.

As far as speed goes, or the fact that a 1 A or a 2A team could never compete with a 5/A or 6/A team; just ask Station Camp what it felt like losing to Gordonsville in the jamboree. Yeah, yeah, i know it was a jamboree but It was 2 full quarters of starters, and i guess 2 quarters wasnt enough time for the cream to rise to the top.

lebanons depth is less than FC's this year. Most yrs not but this year definitely.

MJ is the premier football program is Wilson County. No if ands or buts about it. They've sent many more players D1 then we have and they actually have success at the highest class year in and year out since Perry has been there. WC strings together a good team every three or four years, but most of the time they are a below average team for their classification, and Lebanon.... Lebanon sucks. Great looking school, maybe worst athletics program for their classification. If we were to play the three this is how I think it would go.

MJ, we'd come out and from play 1 know they were the better team. I think we'd score a few points because we do have pretty good athletes and pretty good line play, but their offensive line would be way too much for our defense. I'd say the final score would be something along the lines of 56-14 with MJ's subs in.

WC, I think we'd come out in this game and be able to compete very well with them. I think we could possibly stop their offense on a few possessions, their QB is not as good as everyone thinks, and our offense would be able to move the ball through the air. I think in the end they'd break away from us by a few scores because we have no depth and they do. I think they score would be somewhere along the lines of 42-28.

Lebanon, this is the one Wilson County team I've not seen this year and I've heard it wasn't even worth the price of admission. Somebody previously said they have speed, well I sure would hope so, you've got a school with like 1800 kids, there's gotta be a little speed in there somewhere. I've heard from people who know football pretty well that Lebanon was the worst coached football team they've ever seen. Said on multiple instances that the defense lined up in the wrong position and never adjusted and that the LB's couldn't read an offense if their life depended on it. I don't think we'd have a problem with speed, we're not exactly slow and we scrimmaged Maplewood with more speed and we scored 3 TD's in 4 possessions, and they score 1 on a bomb thrown by the QB. I heard the QB from Lebanon can't throw the ball 30 yards so we'd have no problem there. They may hit a few long runs but I think we'd beat them by 2-3 scores. Something like 35-14

Edited by CommanderMan

this was proposed 3 yrs ago to both WC & Lebanon by McNeal & his staff. Both 6A county schools declined saying they had nothing to gain by playing FC. I'd say a lot of it had to do with the talent they knew FC had in the pipeline these past 2 yrs. FC is the premier program in Wilson Co and now going to DII they will be playing on a much bigger stage which should entice more athletes who may have wavered in the past about playing 2 A. Coach Perry's MJ program is stout - no doubt- but their inability to get into the Blue Cross Bowl puts them behind FCS who remains Wilson Co's only football state champions!!

So let me get this straight, In my opinion, FC has a great football team and coach. But you want me to believe that FC is the premier football program in Wilson County due to the fact that they won the Class A title against a sub par opponent ? And now that they are going to Dll FC is the team in WC?

Ans since MJ did not beat Whitehaven in the semi's that we are somehow are inferior to the FC football program? Go sell crazy somewhere else, your delusional....

MJ is the premier football program is Wilson County. No if ands or buts about it. They've sent many more players D1 then we have and they actually have success at the highest class year in and year out since Perry has been there. WC strings together a good team every three or four years, but most of the time they are a below average team for their classification, and Lebanon.... Lebanon sucks. Great looking school, maybe worst athletics program for their classification. If we were to play the three this is how I think it would go.

MJ, we'd come out and from play 1 know they were the better team. I think we'd score a few points because we do have pretty good athletes and pretty good line play, but their offensive would be way too much for our defense. I'd say the final score would be something along the lines of 56-14 with MJ's subs in.

WC, I think we'd come out in this game and be able to compete very well with them. I think we could possibly stop their offense on a few possessions, their QB is not as good as everyone thinks, and our offense would be able to move the ball through the air. I think in the end they'd break away from us by a few scores because we have no depth and they do. I think they score would be somewhere along the lines of 42-28.

Lebanon, this is the one Wilson County team I've not seen this year and I've heard it wasn't even worth the price of admission. Somebody previously said they have speed, well I sure would hope so, you've got a school with like 1800 kids, there's gotta be a little speed in there somewhere. I've heard from people who know football pretty well that Lebanon was the worst coached football team they've ever seen. Said on multiple instances that the defense lined up in the position and never adjusted and that the LB's couldn't read an offense if their life depended on it. I don't think we'd have a problem with speed, we're not exactly slow and we scrimmaged Maplewood with more speed and we scored 3 TD's in 4 possessions, and they score 1 on a bomb thrown by the QB. I heard the QB from Lebanon can't throw the ball 30 yards so we'd have no problem there. They may hit a few long runs but I think we'd beat them by 2-3 scores. Something like 35-14

i think MJ is good. Not as good as last year but still good. Until they can make it into the title game like other middle TN 6a programs have then its hard to say their "PROGRAM" is at the level statewide that FC's is currently. When title talk starts this time of year folks from Memphis to Hampton know of FCS programs success. I'd venture to say its not the case with any of our county's 6A teams. I think your looking and comparing teams while I'm comparing programs, big difference.

MJ, we'd come out and from play 1 know they were the better team. I think we'd score a few points because we do have pretty good athletes and pretty good line play, but their offensive line would be way too much for our defense. I'd say the final score would be something along the lines of 56-14 with MJ's subs in.

Lebanon, this is the one Wilson County team I've not seen this year and I've heard it wasn't even worth the price of admission. Somebody previously said they have speed, well I sure would hope so, you've got a school with like 1800 kids, there's gotta be a little speed in there somewhere. I've heard from people who know football pretty well that Lebanon was the worst coached football team they've ever seen. Said on multiple instances that the defense lined up in the wrong position and never adjusted and that the LB's couldn't read an offense if their life depended on it. I don't think we'd have a problem with speed, we're not exactly slow and we scrimmaged Maplewood with more speed and we scored 3 TD's in 4 possessions, and they score 1 on a bomb thrown by the QB. I heard the QB from Lebanon can't throw the ball 30 yards so we'd have no problem there. They may hit a few long runs but I think we'd beat them by 2-3 scores. Something like 35-14

I agree with your assessment, to have MJ's line pound a hole to then have to stop Hopkins or Mccarthren would be a tough task...

i think MJ is good. Not as good as last year but still good. Until they can make it into the title game like other middle TN 6a programs have then its hard to say their "PROGRAM" is at the level statewide that FC's is currently. When title talk starts this time of year folks from Memphis to Hampton know of FCS programs success. I'd venture to say its not the case with any of our county's 6A teams. I think your looking and comparing teams while I'm comparing programs, big difference.

So now we are comparing programs, FC has a great 1A or is it 2A now ? program no doubt about it, but as the other poster said comparing the schedules..

I hop FC wins another title..... that would be great, but this "need" to try and sell the idea that FC could somehow beat MJ is nuts..... even Commderman knows the truth.

i agrre that MJ is deeper- no doubt. Bigger - not this yr or last. Most of these kids at the respective schools have played together or against one another in jr pro,6th grade ball, or jr high and if memory serves FC beat MJ, WC, & lebanons feeder programs with the current players at FC. You should remember this Illini, right?

I agree bigger is not the case, quicker and strong at more positions..... FC has some good players no doubt....

jr. pro 6th grade, jr high, I remember FC was very good.... really has no bearing on this now, too much time has past, growth maturity roster changes, etc.....

Volzchamps,

You are not comparing apples to apples when comparing 2A to 6A. Thats's like saying winning what was a div II championship in college is the same as winning a National Championship. Two totally different worlds.

FCS has a good program; but they could not play with MJ or WC. You have some very good players; I know a couple of tjem personally ( and they would play at either MJ or WC ) but team wise; depth and speed would be too much.

FCS has a very good team and lost to 1A Gordonsville ( a very good team ); you actullay think you could play with MJ and WC. Your varsity against either JV teams would be more even. FCS is far from the premier program in Wilson. No disrespect to FCS.

Good luck and bring back the Gold Ball for 2A

Very good post...FCS is a good A team....AAA Is a different animal.