Play by Play Announcers (Shout Out)

pegleg

I have to admit that the crew that does the Huntingdon games is good. However they are a bit over prejuidce and well, Kent is getting pretty old. The best I've heard is the guys that do the McKenzie games.......Larry Joe Smith, Craig Lunn and Jon Davis. They are as factual as I"ve ever heard and very accurate as to what's going on on the field and not overly predjuiced. Smith does the play by play, Lunn does the color and Davis does the stats. All they need is me to do the insignifigant drivel and they'd be perfect!!!! LOL

I'll also admit that Tinkle and the Weakley Co. crew do a good job and fun to listen to.

Edited by duckman38201

I have to admit that the crew that does the Huntingdon games is good. However they are a bit over prejuidce and well, Kent is getting pretty old. The best I've heard is the guys that do the McKenzie games.......Larry Joe Smith, Craig Lunn and Jon Davis. They are as factual as I"ve ever heard and very accurate as to what's going on on the field and not overly predjuiced. Smith does the play by play, Lunn does the color and Davis does the stats. All they need is me to do the insignifigant drivel and they'd be perfect!!!! LOL

I'll also admit that Tinkle and the Weakley Co. crew do a good job and fun to listen to.

Duck,

Oh Duck, I think I am going to cry. What people can't see is LJ having to calm me down in the box. Sometimes, I may be too honest but it is what it is. We are really clear when we get it handed to us or just flat out lose one for not wanting it more.

I will give a shout out to the guys who do the Peabody game. Stevie Ray and Brad I believe are their names. Been doing this for many years and those two are the nicest and most fun two individuals that have ever been to share a press box with...hands down. I could name some which are not so cordial but that would not be very classy would it?

Duck,

Oh Duck, I think I am going to cry. What people can't see is LJ having to calm me down in the box. Sometimes, I may be too honest but it is what it is. We are really clear when we get it handed to us or just flat out lose one for not wanting it more.

I will give a shout out to the guys who do the Peabody game. Stevie Ray and Brad I believe are their names. Been doing this for many years and those two are the nicest and most fun two individuals that have ever been to share a press box with...hands down. I could name some which are not so cordial but that would not be very classy would it?

UR welcome there V&T1!! I meant it though. Now I gotta admit that Diamond Dave and crew were a hard act to follow untill Bethel finally got them onboard with them and they do a fine job there too. But still IMO ya'll are the best going right now around here at the very least!!!! I've really got to give Larry Joe a heads up for being so professional with his son out there every Friday night playing as good as he does every week. I did our video when my son was playing and it was tough to focus some ot the time.

• Upvote 1

UR welcome there V&T1!! I meant it though. Now I gotta admit that Diamond Dave and crew were a hard act to follow untill Bethel finally got them onboard with them and they do a fine job there too. But still IMO ya'll are the best going right now around here at the very least!!!! I've really got to give Larry Joe a heads up for being so professional with his son out there every Friday night playing as good as he does every week. I did our video when my son was playing and it was tough to focus some ot the time.

Dave is a great guy. Does a great job.

I enjoy listening to Paul Tinkle and his crew. They call the Weakly County games. They give great reports live from other area games that you are inerested in. The play by play calls are very detailed and allows you to see the game mentally. If I cant make to either of the games this weekend that I want to see I will be listening to Mr Tinkle.

How come all the other teams names come to mind and Mark Franklin and I are just referred to as "the Crew?" Guess if we got to talk more we'd have more name recognition! :)

How come all the other teams names come to mind and Mark Franklin and I are just referred to as "the Crew?" Guess if we got to talk more we'd have more name recognition! :)

Please don't take it personal from my posts. Usually I AT the Gleason games watching my grandson play so I've not heard many of ya'lls broadcasts and your names aren't "household" to me. Who could forget Tinkle!!!! That will stick with you. Sorry for the exclusion. But ya'll do a good job! The guys that do McKenzie's games are all friends as are some of the ones doing the Huntingdon games so I know them anyway.

Edited by duckman38201

Please don't take it personal from my posts. Usually I AT the Gleason games watching my grandson play so I've not heard many of ya'lls broadcasts and your names aren't "household" to me. Who could forget Tinkle!!!! That will stick with you. Sorry for the exclusion. But ya'll do a good job! The guys that do McKenzie's games are all friends as are some of the ones doing the Huntingdon games so I know them anyway.

LOL. Nothing personal taken! Thought it was funny that each time WCMT was brought up it was always "Tinkle & his crew" but statewide everybody is known. It's the price we pay for working with such a "memorable" play-by-play announcer. :)

Edited by NWhoopaholic

Got to go with my school at Goodpasture. They have a great bunch of guys that do an incredible job.

I agree you do a goog job with the broadcasts,Do you get paid to do the broadcast or is this all on a volunteer basis? I know some schools have video such as CPA. Any plans on this for the future? How long does it take you each week to get ready for the games? Do you also do the website as well as I know you share some of the games there. Good job.