Jackson North Side vs. Memphis Ridgeway

jordanwilliams53

Little late, lets see what we can come up with.

12-0 Jackson North Side hosts 9-3 Memphis Ridgeway

North Side and Ridgeway played each other in this same round in 2010, Ridgeway won that game 47-13 in Memphis.

1. Do you think that game has any layover for this North Side team, I know 4 of the players started on that team including Adam Craig.

2. Ridgeway has won a few key games this year and has also been beaten, can Ridgeway play in a big game this year.

3. North Side played at Clarksville North East, (Still Playing) and at Liberty (Still Playing) does the ability to play tougher teams help edge North Side to victory?

These are a few question that will be answered friday!

See ya at the game!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quad 4, 5A Round 2 Game Highlights:

Ridgeway vs Craigmont.

Final Score: Ridgeway 49, Craigmont 28

Ridgeway has two internet outlets to allow those who choose to view highlights of their football team. Hit the included link to see highlights of the 2012 Ridgeway High School Football Team. If you wish to get a more 'in depth' look into the Ridgeway High School Football team then go to see their RIDGEWAY VARSITY FOOTBALL website. It is pretty exhaustive.

Kudos to whomever at Ridgeway is responsible for these web sites and allowing us access into the football program.

Edited by kwc

This is going to be a hire scoring affair. I think it could go either way but I'm leaning towards Rideway. Too much firepower to contain all of it. They can run and pass effectively. The leading rusher in the City of Memphis is Orlando Johnson, the Ridgeway RB. They have two WR and a TE who all get balls thrown their way with consistency. Thier tall athletic sophomore QB is smart, sharp, and has a big arm and a OL that has significant size and depth. This is the leading offense in the City of Memphis hands down, regardless of classification. D1 or D2. The defense is pretty good. The DL has size and the LBs and DBs all have speed to burn. They are a bend but don't break defense.

If Whitehaven were not playing I would be at this game.

Edited by kwc

This is going to be a hire scoring affair. I think it could go either way but I'm leaning towards Rideway. Too much firepower to contain all of it. They can run and pass effectively. The leading rusher in the City of Memphis is Orlando Johnson, the Ridgeway RB. They have two WR and a TE who all get balls thrown their way with consistency. Thier tall athletic sophomore QB is smart, sharp, and has a big arm and a OL that has significant size and depth. This is the leading offense in the City of Memphis hands down, regardless of classification. D1 or D2. The defense is pretty good. The DL has size and the LBs and DBs all have speed to burn. They are a bend but don't break defense.

If Whitehaven were not playing I would be at this game.

Sounds like you are a Memphis homer.

North Side has the best quarterback in W. Tennessee. (include Memphis) They have a big running back that always fall forwards, but they didn't need to go to him because they have one of the best reciever cores in the Volunteer State, led by Ryan Scott (former reciever at U of M). You may think Ridgeway will get 48 points easily by using their speed. Not so fast my friend (Lee Corso's voice) North Side offense is so good, the defense is underrated. They give up about 14 poins a game, but I bet there goal is to give up 23 points aginist Ridgeway.

Special Teams: North Side has a kicker that kick touchbacks about 75% of the time. Roadrunner kicker kicks to the 20 yd. line.

My score North Side 42 Ridgeway 28

Sounds like you are a Memphis homer.

North Side has the best quarterback in W. Tennessee. (include Memphis) They have a big running back that always fall forwards, but they didn't need to go to him because they have one of the best reciever cores in the Volunteer State, led by Ryan Scott (former reciever at U of M). You may think Ridgeway will get 48 points easily by using their speed. Not so fast my friend (Lee Corso's voice) North Side offense is so good, the defense is underrated. They give up about 14 poins a game, but I bet there goal is to give up 23 points aginist Ridgeway.

Special Teams: North Side has a kicker that kick touchbacks about 75% of the time. Roadrunner kicker kicks to the 20 yd. line.

My score North Side 42 Ridgeway 28

I am a Memphis homer, no doubt about that. That score is possible. It's also possible for that score to be in reverse ... Ridgeway 42, JNS 28. It wouldn't shock me either way.

My prayer is that there be no injuries and everyone gets to and from their destinations in safety. Enjoy the game everybody because this one will be worth thr price of admission! The weather is cooperating so it will be a very good night for football!

Go Ridgeway! Represent!

Edited by kwc

KWC, Honest questions...

I don't want to threadjack, but you seem to be up on the Memphis High School sports scene. Can you tell me what happened to Melrose football? I'm sure they still have athletes in OM. And what happened to Treadwell High School. Thanks, and I'll hang up and listen..

Congratulations on you unintentional thread highjacking!

Melrose football died when they hired an eldery coach some years back who ran the program into the ground. I don't know anything about Tredwell.