CAK (12-1) vs Elizabethton (11-2)

Govolsknox

I would like to see this years version of the Cyclones. Are there any links to game footage from this year? I was curious if the girl kicker had graduated yet, but I hear she is still there for PAT's and FG's. My son, who played against Betsy in the past 2 games between these teams, didn't say much about her kicking but did mention several times that she is "hot". Oh well, even in competition guys will be guys. :D

If you go to YouTube and type in "Elizabethton Cyclones 2012" there are highlights from every game.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol no it don't hurt at all ! GREENEVILLE has done something no school in east tenn has ever did not one time but two times ! So nope it don't hurt at all . And we have two time state champs in cross country also . How many titles has your team won ?

Here I was thinking Maryville and Alcoa was in East TN .... If your goal on Coach T is to try your best to turn everyone against your school , you and a few other Greeneville fans are doing a great job of that ... Geez , is there any thread on here where I can go and not have to hear this Trash ??

Here I was thinking Maryville and Alcoa was in East TN .... If your goal on Coach T is to try your best to turn everyone against your school , you and a few other Greeneville fans are doing a great job of that ... Geez , is there any thread on here where I can go and not have to hear this Trash ??

I can answer that in one word no.We have heard this same crap over and over and over and it's getting old.

This should be a good game. CAK has an awsome passing attack. Betsy has a good ground attack. Not sure if Betsy can shut the passing game down or not but if they can put some pressure on their quarterback then it will interesting. Betsy will have to go to more 3-5 hybrid type defense or cover 2 type defense. Betsy will have to find a way to double cover UT signee receiver and go away from their traditional load the front run stopping defense. With that being said CAK will try and spread the field, if Betsy can munipulate the pass to their advantage then their running back will have a good day in the middle. CAK will have to do what our local teams do and put allot up front and try to stop 7 and 28. 7 is very quick but is suseptable to going out of the game 28 is strong especially when he turns north and south. Betsy stop the passing game like they have never seen before and CAK lock down the edges and dont let 28 and 7 loose. Betsy would be best in two tight end set and keep ball away to keep it close. I think CAK can score at will, so play keep away until late. Should be interesting. Just my opinion

This should be a good game. CAK has an awsome passing attack. Betsy has a good ground attack. Not sure if Betsy can shut the passing game down or not but if they can put some pressure on their quarterback then it will interesting. Betsy will have to go to more 3-5 hybrid type defense or cover 2 type defense. Betsy will have to find a way to double cover UT signee receiver and go away from their traditional load the front run stopping defense. With that being said CAK will try and spread the field, if Betsy can munipulate the pass to their advantage then their running back will have a good day in the middle. CAK will have to do what our local teams do and put allot up front and try to stop 7 and 28. 7 is very quick but is suseptable to going out of the game 28 is strong especially when he turns north and south. Betsy stop the passing game like they have never seen before and CAK lock down the edges and dont let 28 and 7 loose. Betsy would be best in two tight end set and keep ball away to keep it close. I think CAK can score at will, so play keep away until late. Should be interesting. Just my opinion

Good post and we know that CAK is a good team because you have to be good to beat Alcoa.Turner has had some leg problems this year and he had some issue friday night but we talked to him after game and he said he would be fine.

FootballDad I've heard rumors about Bradley leaving. Maybe to a nearby university. Anything to them?

While I consider Rusty a friend, he has not said anything voluntarily to me so I do not bring it up. So I can honestly say I don't know. He is a very focused individual who lives, breathes and eats football and is completely focused on Elizabethton right now. What I can tell you is that he was offered a position (not head coach) with Carson Newman a few years back and he prayed about it and then decided to stay at CAK. IF Coach Sparks @ CN is ready to step aside due to illness or whatever then it appears to be a great fit for Rusty. A nice way to ease into college coaching, just up the road a ways, and with a private christian university. IF CN did decide to offer they should offer his dad and maybe another assistant positions as well. And if Rusty is a good enough salesman maybe he could convince Charlie High and Davis Howell to go with him to help implement his SpreadCoast offense. But we hear rumors all the time just like Alcoa hears them about their coach. Who knows? Sorry I couldn't be the one to break any stories on that front. Just prepping to come to Betsy and enjoy some good old high school football.