CAK (12-1) vs Elizabethton (11-2)

Govolsknox

I would like to see this years version of the Cyclones. Are there any links to game footage from this year? I was curious if the girl kicker had graduated yet, but I hear she is still there for PAT's and FG's. My son, who played against Betsy in the past 2 games between these teams, didn't say much about her kicking but did mention several times that she is "hot". Oh well, even in competition guys will be guys. :D

She was actually in sports illustrated recently. She scored her 100th goal in soccer on thursday and then the next day she kicked her 100th point in football. thats got to be some kind of record nationally, she's something special. I hear she is planning on being a doctor.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO if Betsy wins this game they must control the ball 75% of the time #28 will get his yards and #7 will juke and jive his yards and the QB will burn you when you are not thinking about him. If the cyclones make many mistakes it will turn ugly. The Black and Orange d is qiuck and mean but can they play pass coverage at this level. This much I know they will keep on till the last second. Good Luck Cyclones

CAK challenges the paradigm of conventional high school football where the rules say you play your best players even if that means playing both ways, that offense sells tickets but defense wins championships, and that you need to be balanced on offense to win the big games. I don't necessarily disagree with that thinking, but I have learned from observing CAK for the past 5 years that there is an alternative way to winning if you have the right components and CAK so far has had those components. Great pass blocking offensive line, great group of receivers with exceptional hands and very good speed, great QB who understands his role and how to manage what is essentially a college style passing attack, and a offensive minded coach who fully understands his team and their capabilities. CAK will run the ball if that is what you give us, we beat Alcoa last year with over 200 yards rushing. But, no doubt about it we are a pass first offense, around 90% of the time. Defensively, graduation has hurt us over the past 2 years and we have struggled most of the year, but when the game is on the line coach will use several of our offensive guys on D and it makes a noticeable difference. I expect Betsy to chew up some yards and score some points, Coach Bradley isn't too concerned about style points, so long as his squad has 1 more point on the scoreboard than the opponent at the end of the game. CAK does not try to physically beat you, but rather frustrate you by piling up the points and doing it quickly. It's hard to prepare for the Warriors since very few teams run the same style of offense. I know the Cyclones will be a big challenge for us. Can't wait to get up there and soak up the atmosphere and also some good bar-b-que :hungry:

If you go to YouTube and type in "Elizabethton Cyclones 2012" there are highlights from every game.

Watching the Sullivan north highlights i have to say i have noticed your QB does not carry out fakes at all...as soon a the ball I'd snapped your QB holds the ball strait out and hands it off....i could tell who was getting the ball and where it was going as soon as it was snapped....Bradley has already picked up on that I'm sure....that may have worked on other teams but i don't believe your rushing attack will shine in this game... CAK will pick up on that quick ....they may not have the best D this year but with the coaching they have they will stop that....that being said I'm going to say CAK 49-17

Watching the Sullivan north highlights i have to say i have noticed your QB does not carry out fakes at all...as soon a the ball I'd snapped your QB holds the ball strait out and hands it off....i could tell who was getting the ball and where it was going as soon as it was snapped....Bradley has already picked up on that I'm sure....that may have worked on other teams but i don't believe your rushing attack will shine in this game... CAK will pick up on that quick ....they may not have the best D this year but with the coaching they have they will stop that....that being said I'm going to say CAK 49-17

Hey PCP, I'm going to have to nominate you for an "honorary Warrior" award. I know you are true PC through and through, but we are not use to having such strong "public" support from other schools throughout the playoffs. I already liked and respected Polk, but now I'm going to have to return the favor. I will start by wishing you well next year in your new district and will be the first to say I will be cheering loudly for the Wildcats whenever you face Loudon, and most every other game as well, unless you run into CAK of course. Good luck and thanks again for the support. :thumb: