CAK (12-1) vs Elizabethton (11-2)

Govolsknox

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol no it don't hurt at all ! GREENEVILLE has done something no school in east tenn has ever did not one time but two times ! So nope it don't hurt at all . And we have two time state champs in cross country also . How many titles has your team won ?

Is Alcoa, Maryville, and CAK in Middle TN? I thought they were all located in the eastern part of the state.

That is great and all, but you may want to get the entire story first, CAK played with mostly a JV defense for that game because of various situations. All 4 linebackers, 2 in secondary, and 2 d-lineman where kids who started and played that game. Elizabethton will not see that defense, unless the game is out of hand.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was curious about that. Why did they have 8 non-starters starting that game?

Thanks for clearing that up. I was curious about that. Why did they have 8 non-starters starting that game?

A combination of injuries to some key players and the coaching staff's reluctance to play more offensive players on defense than was absolutely necessary. During stretches of the season, it was clear the coaches were employing a strategy of putting just enough defense on the field to win games while trying to keep everybody as healthy as possible for the home stretch. Coach Bradley isn't worried as much about "style points" that might come from shutting somebody out as much as he is worried about having his best players healthy when crunch time comes.

Love the Cyclones Confidence! Praying for the Lord to provide a cold, rainy night would help, I think?

Best hope for a win, would be if Charlie High misses getting on the bus to the Betsy.

I am guessing CAK & Co. will put 50 + on the board.

How much the Cyclones put up will be determined by Bradley's decision to go with the same defensive personnel he did with Alcoa. I suspect he will make that choice as the game progresses.

CAK's linemen are giants, High will have all night to pick the defense apart.

OH76, I concur. Not sure about the 50+, but I'm definitely confident that after a few series CH will have the Cyclone D figured out and the O line will have assessed the blitzes and start giving him as long as he needs to throw the ball. Maybe Betsy has more & better D linemen than Alcoa, thats still to be determined I suppose, but I can't say I've ever seen anyone protect as well as CAK does. If someone wants to see how pass blocking is suppose to be done they need to come watch CAK's O line. Their footwork is impressive for big men. Defensively I would prefer to see us put our best on the field right away and try to get a stop or two, but that hasn't been the way CRB has called it this year, so we will see. I expect both teams to trade scores early on. My biggest concern is if our boys left all their emotion in Alcoa last week. That was such a huge game for us in a variety of ways. I know there are some fierce competitors on our squad and I trust they will keep the troops focused. Last game with the Cyclones in Knoxville wasn't that competitive, the previous one at their place was a 1 pt. defensive struggle. It will be interesting to see what kind of matchup this one turns out to be.

Does anyone know if CAK will be bringing a student/fan bus or anything? I really hope so. These two teams deserve to play in front of a packed house. It's so much more fun when the crowd's into it.

I wish I could say that CAK will have a large group of fans there, but I doubt it. We have some faithful fans, but just not a large group of them. I think there could possibly be 1 fan bus coming, but not sure. Keep in mind this is only the 11th year of CAK varsity football and our school enrollment is around 450 students. Unlike Elizabethton, we do not have a "community" of neighborhoods that support just this school. I know Betsy will fill up the joint by themselves, but there should be a sprinkling of Blue & Gold around. I could be wrong, last year at state it looked like the entire school showed up. Looking forward to some Ridgewood BQ and some good hospitality.

Edited by FootballDad

I wish I could say that CAK will have a large group of fans there, but I doubt it. We have some faithful fans, but just not a large group of them. I think there could possibly be 1 fan bus coming, but not sure. Keep in mind this is only the 11th year of CAK varsity football and our school enrollment is around 450 students. Unlike Elizabethton, we do not have a "community" of neighborhoods that support just this school. I know Betsy will fill up the joint by themselves, but there should be a sprinkling of Blue & Gold around. I could be wrong, last year at state it looked like the entire school showed up. Looking forward to some Ridgeway BQ and some good hospitality.

Ridgewood BQ is Awsome

...If someone wants to see how pass blocking is suppose to be done they need to come watch CAK's O line. Their footwork is impressive for big men. Defensively I would prefer to see us put our best on the field right away and try to get a stop or two, but that hasn't been the way CRB has called it this year, so we will see. I expect both teams to trade scores early on. My biggest concern is if our boys left all their emotion in Alcoa last week. That was such a huge game for us in a variety of ways...

e

I would venture to say, you may have the best pass blocking offensive line in the State. I also would agree with the "let down" from the last three weeks of football. What amazes me, is how injury free (exception- Howell) it has been. Three extremely physical weeks of full four quarter football (especially guys going both ways). A truly amazing group of young men. i am just happy Maryville did not have you on the schedule. You are a scary team to play at any level.

By the way, how did Kingston hold you to 23 points?