CAK (12-1) vs Elizabethton (11-2)

Govolsknox

Just so you know, Oldhick is not a CAK fan. Just a neutral observer's opinion.

Seems like CAK has a lot of support from non fans and there is nothing wrong with that and as I said before CAK is a great team and I have a lot of respect for the way they do things but that being said Go Cyclones.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a fan of many teams but a relative works @ CAK.I look forward to a great game.I'm a Warrior fan first and foremost but cheer for the other guys great players too.I must say my brother and I went up a few years back to see Alcoa play there.Alcoa still contends the refs are in the back pocket at Betsy but I didn't see that.What I seen was each and every person from there I met to be super nice beyond words.I also seen pretty much every house with a Cyclones go sign in the window.People came up to my brother and myself and engaged in conversation asking us where we were from and guessed we were Alcoa fans though we were for both teams.Anyways it was very cold(we are from Chicago) and these nice people invited us to their front yard,let us use the bathroom and we enjoyed their bonfire and met many nice people.we roasted marshmallows,had hot cider and coco and popcorn.they wouldn't take money but I gave a 5er to the little kids to enjoy.The Betsy fans really impressed me.I can't wait to come back.I hope they will have programs and t-shirts.I still have the paper and stuff I got there last time they gave out.Beautiful area.I also enjoyed the funny stories about Happy Valley from the Cyclone fans lol but they did like the Rangers

Yea cyclone fans and happy valley fans don't get along real well but I have friends there and like any other rivalry there is always words said. LOL

did you say you were going to illinois and are you gonna miss the game

Yes my brother owns H&S hunting in Elizabethton and we outfit in Illinois and I am guiding hunts this week and I hate to say it but I'm going to miss it but i'm going to listen to it on my iPad. Edited by lawnman

Thanks GDA. It's all in good fun on here. Maybe our rivalry gets renewed in the playoffs next year!

Why did besty drop us from the schedule anyways we've played you guys when i was in school then we dont then we do and till a couple of years ago we dont again- just seems like two teams that really get after each other would look foward to the challange every year the lord knows we have took it on the chin in the past from you guys as well as some others - but we like giving it too. already looking foward to 2013 - hope u guys can pull off a win we need east tenn to be there for the state - we all know we cant rely on those poor ole db indians ! lol!

Some interesting stats for CAK fans:

Charlie High is currently ranked 5th in the nation with a completion % of .764, 4314 yds passing, avg of 332 yds per game, 48 TD's and 7 interceptions, and a QB ranking of 140. http://www.unapproved website....ng/national.htm

CAK receiver, Davis Howell, needs 17 catches to break the national record for career receptions. He has had several 13 reception games including 13 against Alcoa last Friday. The Warriors also have 2 other outstanding receivers in Franklin Murchison with 915 yds and 14 TD's, while UT commitment Josh Smith has 960 yds and 12 TD's even after missing 6 weeks of the regular season with a broken collar bone.

CAK running back Corey Rathbone has over 1000 yds on the ground, not to mention what he adds to the passing game and on defense at OLB. He averages over 7 yds a carry, and maybe most impressive is that he averages scoring a TD every 6.2 carries. He has 26 TD's on the year.

The Warrior offensive line has been intact for 2 years now. The offensive line is as good of a pass blocking offensive line as there likely is in the state of TN. It is anchored by UT commitment Brett Kendrick (6-5, 285) and outstanding junior prospect Patrick Dalton (6-5.5, 305).

CAK is currently ranked 2nd in the state in points scored this year with 591, but is within striking distance of #1 DB with 630 points this year.

http://www.johnsonci...e.php?id=103437

Edited by Govolsknox